Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How did you know you were going to marry dh?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
1 mom liked this

I fell in love with J when we were teenagers. We were SO in love and I knew hed be the one Id marry. We had a baby together at 17 and even though we split we always always remained great friends. We never fell out of love but we never talked about ever working it out as he was with someone from 19 til just last year (hes 28). We all got a long great, but for whatever reason they didnt work out and had no kids together...

Now the time has come to where he mentioned us working things out between us. Im stoked. Im excited. Im hopeful but Im scared. I keep thinking of all those memories we have together and how fantastic we were together and the bond that we have ALWAYS shared and it gives me knots in my stomach. This feeling is so real and Im not sure how to handle it. We live 6 hours from each other so thered be major changes, this is our 9 year old daughters dad, so I dont know how to explain it to her, without her being crushed if things didnt work.

How did you know? Do you think that the feeling Id marry this guy for all those years is really about to become even more possible? I have so many mixed emotions.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:34 AM
Nope I only knew because I said yes when he asked me. I was utterly convincedand hopeful I would never marry or have kids.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Quoting Matriarch87:

Nope I only knew because I said yes when he asked me. I was utterly convincedand hopeful I would never marry or have kids.

oh wow!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Matriarch87:

I had always been that way to.. we were young, but I immediatly from the first night I met him (and he hooked up with my best friend) that I loved this guy, 10 years later to the month I sit here with his daughter and love him no less. When he mentioned having kids my mind changed quickly. Its a shame we never worked through the troubles but as young kids with a baby it was hard. Maybe the time is now...

Kitsun
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:38 AM
As soon as I saw him. One way or another I knew he'd be mine. And I pursued him. I think he was infatuated with the thought of someone so much younger wanting to be with him tho lol. I was in my senior year of HS, he's 5 years older
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kage336
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:39 AM

DF and I weren't together very long before I got pregnant, but we took those nine months to get close and really become friends, confidants, everything. I knew that I wanted to marry him when he treated me like a queen in the hospital during labor and afterward, and then lost sleep and did everything he could to help me while I recovered (slowly) from my c-section. This man literally (TMI) changed my pads and helped me shower and go to the bathroom for a couple of weeks and didn't flinch or complain once. I knew that if he could see me at my least desirable possible, he could love me through hell and back. I can't wait to marry him!

Matriarch87
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:39 AM
Lol really, that was wow worthy? Not every girl dreams of getting married and having kids. I just sorta tripped over it. It suits me well but I wont lie, its not at all what I had planned. Its neat though that u may end up with your ex.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Matriarch87:

oh wow!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bcoll
by Brandi on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:39 AM

When I paid attention to the fact that everything in my world was "right" with him there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, we didn't split up for 9 years, that was kinda a big sign.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:41 AM

Thats how I feel, its a long story how we met, but it felt so right from the get go. Even though he was dating my best friend, I knew he would be mine.

Quoting Kitsun:

As soon as I saw him. One way or another I knew he'd be mine. And I pursued him. I think he was infatuated with the thought of someone so much younger wanting to be with him tho lol. I was in my senior year of HS, he's 5 years older

momma2zac2006
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I knew I'd marry him when I realized that I couldn't imagine living my life without him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)