Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Women on PA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
What is the reason behind you taking public assistance?Can't get a job? No education? I'm genuinely curious. Did you grow up in a household where you needed it? Did you plan on the children you have right now? Do you plan on ever getting off of it? I should qualify, but I don't, unfortunately.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:48 AM
Really... go back and look at the 50thousand other posts about this freaking topic. This is just another start drama post stfu. Seriously.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:49 AM

This.

Quoting Anonymous:

Really... go back and look at the 50thousand other posts about this freaking topic. This is just another start drama post stfu. Seriously.

Kage336
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:50 AM

I have WIC. DD was unplanned and DF lost his job when I was pregnant. The job market has been pretty shitty here in Michigan, so we're finding it to be difficult to get on our feet, but we're almost there. I did not grow up in a household where we needed it. I've been filling out applications left and right, with no avail. DF has a decent job right now, however. I have two years of college under my belt that was put on hold for our daughter's birth. We plan on getting off of it within the next few months, if everything goes as planned.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:52 AM
Where? I just saw a post about woman who couldn't afford formula on PA and out got me wondering.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:53 AM

I don't receive PA anymore but I did when I first had my DD.  My DH was only 17 when we got married and only had a part time job. We were both still in HS.( I graduated before DD was born).  Once we were both able to get a job and make some money we were able to get off PA.  Now we have two kids, DH works full time and I am a SAHM. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:54 AM
That's good! I wish you all the best =)

Quoting Kage336:

I have WIC. DD was unplanned and DF lost his job when I was pregnant. The job market has been pretty shitty here in Michigan, so we're finding it to be difficult to get on our feet, but we're almost there. I did not grow up in a household where we needed it. I've been filling out applications left and right, with no avail. DF has a decent job right now, however. I have two years of college under my belt that was put on hold for our daughter's birth. We plan on getting off of it within the next few months, if everything goes as planned.

Kage336
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:55 AM

Thank you.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's good! I wish you all the best =)

Quoting Kage336:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:56 AM
These are the stories I enjoy hearing. It's 'assistance''. You started off rocky, but landed on your feet. Good for you!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't receive PA anymore but I did when I first had my DD.  My DH was only 17 when we got married and only had a part time job. We were both still in HS.( I graduated before DD was born).  Once we were both able to get a job and make some money we were able to get off PA.  Now we have two kids, DH works full time and I am a SAHM. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:56 AM
Search for them. They are on here every day. And also its really none of your business.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:59 AM
Technically I'm contributing to that, so I'm just tracking money.

Quoting Anonymous:

Search for them. They are on here every day. And also its really none of your business.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured