Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do Braxton Hicks feel like to you?

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 3:51 AM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

So Tonight for about 15 minutes I have been feeling this hard tightening pain in my lower abdomen and it really kinda hurts. I'm 18 weeks and I never felt them with my other two pregnancies.

So I'm asking what does Braxton Hicks feel like to you? Does this sound like Braxton Hicks or real labor? Please help I'm not asking to be bashed!

by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 3:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michelalove
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 3:52 AM

My braxton hicks don't really hurt, my stomach just gets really tight, i usually don't even notice it unless i'm standing up. 

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 3:52 AM
They feel like contractions/cramps. But aren't in a regular pattern. And generally don't last for long. Drink some water ad lay down on your left side. They should stop
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paganmommy4
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 3:54 AM

Real labor feels like super bad menstrual cramps that never let up and your abdomen would get super rock hard and the release and it hurts like a bitch.

Those braxton hicks, they are too far apart and you are too early for labor. If it doesnt let up at all then get checked out better safe than sorry

CarolineVm.t.b
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 3:54 AM
Sounds just like my Braxton hicks. Mine are really painful to me and when I have one it will hurt to breath in too deep or breathe out to long. And it hurts my rib cage for some reason
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Meghan6391
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 3:55 AM
I knew they where bh when i would push down a little and the pain wouldn't let up
kdloves.
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 3:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you're having round ligament pain. Drink some water & lay down. I'm sure you're okay. Don't be afraid to go to the e.r if you're still worried.
SissyAnn141
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 3:56 AM

Tight, just like you said, " Drink a glass of water, lay on left - side".

If this continues tomorrow, call Doctor.

1RedHottMama
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 3:58 AM

It feels like mild labor pains and causes your stomach to feel like it's in knots. I had them for both of my children and the first time that it happened to me freaked me out, I thought I was having a miscarriage because they started when there was no way for the baby to survive if it was born at that time. After that I knew what they were and it didn't freak me out anymore.

SissyAnn141
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:27 AM

Quoting paganmommy4:

Real labor feels like super bad menstrual cramps that never let up and your abdomen would get super rock hard and the release and it hurts like a bitch.

Those braxton hicks, they are too far apart and you are too early for labor. If it doesnt let up at all then get checked out better safe than sorry

I agree, water and get off of your feet- Left side.

If you work call in tomorrow, and call Doctor.

mrs-mudge
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:55 AM
for me it was like moderate period cramps that werent consistant. sometimes it felt like the baby was kicking really hard even when he wasnt. trust me....if its real contractions, you juat know. those hurt like hell.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)