Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help Me Move On..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

Ok, so years ago when I first got out of High School I had a plan. I wanted to move out of state and go to a culinary school. Well I was with my boyfriend now husband when I graduated and so we moved in together. After some digging and talking to people I decided to move to Oregon and go to a culinary school there. Dh was on bored ready to go and by this time I had already talked to someone at the school who was very nice and accepted me into the school. After a little while dh decided he couldn't leave his family and whatnot, so I stayed and gave up on that idea. I couldn't believe he did that to be honest. It broke my heart because here was something I wanted badly and I didn't get it ( Yes I know I sound like I am whining). For alongtime I couldn't forgive dh for it and honestly I don't think have after all these years. All the time I wonder what would our lives be like if I had, if I had become a chef like I always wanted. Sometimes I think that is why I have been stuck in this rut for so long trying to figure out what exactly it is I want out of life. I don't want to look back on it and think I never did anything with it, which I know is something we all are trying to do or something along those lines. I want to make my family and my kid proud of me and most of all I want to be proud of me. So I want to know is how do I forgive it and move on? How do I figure out what it is I want and how do I figure out how to get it?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:38 AM

BUMP

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:41 AM
1 mom liked this

You gave up a dream to follow your heart, follow it again and start taking cooking classes at the local CC.  Good luck mama!

Leobaby2007
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:42 AM

I don't think you sound whiny at all. Is there anyway you could pursue this career path now or in the future? Have you looked into culinary school options where you live? 

I think you'll always regret not at least trying to reach your goal. I would really think about how you can make that happen.

I think it's great you have a passion and a dream for yourself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:43 AM
1 mom liked this

mitsukai127
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:47 AM
I think you should find a local culinary school and follow your dream. I know its not in the location you wanted but never give up on your dreams for someone else. You may have to adjust somethings to accommodate your dreams, but its always worth it in the end. Its not worth wasting energy on and always wondering what if.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:51 AM

Meet in the middle. You don't HAVE to move somewhere to go to school....live in the same place and go to a nearby culinary school. Theres no reason to give up on your dreams. Go for it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:53 AM

How do I get the confidence? I have always been the one who is stronger and doing what is right and what should be done. Almost never thinking of myself or doing for myself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:58 AM

BUMP

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 5:00 AM
Hun what you have is resent, and it happens all to often when a partner asks the other to give up on a dream. You'll never be able to get back those years of your plan. What you can do is make your dream a reality now! That will be when you begin to heal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 5:00 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Meet in the middle. You don't HAVE to move somewhere to go to school....live in the same place and go to a nearby culinary school. Theres no reason to give up on your dreams. Go for it.

Yes, I know I don't have to move elsewhere to go to school but at that time there was a point to it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN