Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

UPDATE: DH going to jail and I don't feel bad

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
DH threw a pissy fit because I would not lie for him. I told him that I have been aiding him in his mess for far too long. I told him I may never understand what it is to lose a child and mother so close but it is definitely time for him to seek help. So he started running around like a chicken with his head cut off trying to figure out what to do. He decided to go get two of his wisdom teeth pulled that he has been having issues with and they broke into pieces. All I know is that he had to do it on his own and with his own money. He is pissed about that too. Then he wanted me to drive him but I wasn't leaving my patient and I had to be home in time for my kids. He is very upset but it is what it is. His attorney said she would do what she can do but it's no guarantee. Of course he wants to blame me. I told him I'm at fault for allowing him to act like a kid for me to watch over and take care of but his traffic violations are between him and his twin brother.

But his parents did name them the same. I did not understand either. Hey George Foreman did it with his kids and I don't think he has twins.

Thanks to all for the feedback. I am taking it all to heart.

DH has a court case today and now he can't go because he's broke. I'm the only one really working because he takes off whenever he gets even the sniffles. And he was on probation when he got a ticket. They said if he got into anymore trouble with traffic tickets, he's going to jail. Now mind you, he has an identical twin brother that has screwed up my DH name by lying saying that he doesn't have identification on him so he uses my DH's name and social security number when he has a traffic offense. Guess what?! They both have the same names but different middle names. So now DH has decided to lie and say his brother was the one driving. I told him not to do that because God don't like ugly and he ain't to fond of pretty either. He went against what I said and did it anyway. I told him to go to work and stop taking off for every excuse or spending money like he may not need it later. He didn't listen and now he's trying to find another lie to tell his lawyer. He even wanted me to rush him to the hospital like he was having a heart attack or stroke or that his tooth was hurting really bad(it had been but not anymore). Sorry, I believe in karma and reaping what you sow, so I ain't gonna be lying especially for no mess like that. If he goes to jail, as I'm sure he will unless it's by the grace of God, I won't feel bad. I'm tired if having to stay on his heels about what he should and shouldn't do, then cleaning up after him to fix it. I already have my three children(from previous marriage) and that's enough.

Some may feel I'm wrong but I have had it with him being so nonchalant and thinking there are no consequences.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 5:57 AM
Replies (101-105):
mommieof3_752
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 12:20 AM

wow..Im sorry. Your husband sounds like a man child. He really needs to grow up. Dont feel bad mama...its his mistakes not yours, he needs to fix them himself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:03 AM

I divorced my DH when he started doing shit like this, at first I thought oh he will learn but it didnt stop, it just seemed like he was doing stupid crap everyday, getting in arguments with random people, or something at work or some traffic violation I mean every day it was something, I could not handle it anymore and divorced him, he was the most Drama male I ever met. My life improved significantly without him in it.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Thank you so much for those words of encouragement. After reading everyone's comments, I was at work just praying and contemplating. I had to do it so that he could see that I'm not going to keep doing this. I know change doesn't come overnight but I realized change does start with me first and foremost. So I'm doing what I need to do from now on to keep me sane and my kids happy. Maybe he will soon get it but I know I gotta keep pushing forward. Thanks again. (HUGS)

Quoting DCR1:

Well good now maybe you can breathe easy, and he can grow up, you cannot jeopardize your children's way of life and yours for someone who doesn't want to get it together and keeps getting into simple messes, truth be told if he went to work regularly, he would be too busy to get into messes, its time he started being a role model to his children while he still has time to turn things around, and you are not a substitute mother for him so do not continue to place yourself in that role ever again, you sound like you're getting stronger everyday and that is commendable, you can definitely be proud of yourself for that because its a hard road traveled when one has been one way for so long change is a scary thing. Stay strong!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2013 at 7:50 AM
WOW!!! I was told that some men to thrive on drama just as much as some women do. I see it with my own eyes now.

Quoting Anonymous:

I divorced my DH when he started doing shit like this, at first I thought oh he will learn but it didnt stop, it just seemed like he was doing stupid crap everyday, getting in arguments with random people, or something at work or some traffic violation I mean every day it was something, I could not handle it anymore and divorced him, he was the most Drama male I ever met. My life improved significantly without him in it.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Thanks. I'm going to let him do it. I realize I try to fix and please. I need to fix and please me.

Quoting mommieof3_752:

wow..Im sorry. Your husband sounds like a man child. He really needs to grow up. Dont feel bad mama...its his mistakes not yours, he needs to fix them himself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)