Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Testosterone

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

Does anyone's husband (so, df, etc) have low testosterone? We recently found out that mine does. He had an injection and I just hope this gets better at some point.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kitschy
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:22 AM
I am pretty sure he does but dr won't test for it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:24 AM

Why not?

Quoting Kitschy:

Kitschy
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:26 AM
Because, he's on anti depressants and the side effects are the same as the symptoms. He said our insurance won't cover it and dh never insists on anything at the drs office. :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Why not?

Quoting Kitschy:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:32 AM

That sucks. He didn't think anything was wrong until we joined a gym and they did testing on him and told him about it. Now looking back we think it's been a problem for about 5 years. He's 30. They had to test twice to confirm. The first test was 240 and the second was 148 (normal is between 400-1200). The injection helped but it wore off yesterday and he was unbearable, much worse than before.

Quoting Kitschy:

Because, he's on anti depressants and the side effects are the same as the symptoms. He said our insurance won't cover it and dh never insists on anything at the drs office. :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Why not?

Quoting Kitschy:

Kitschy
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:35 AM
Oh, I'm sorry. How long is the injection supposed to last?

Quoting Anonymous:

That sucks. He didn't think anything was wrong until we joined a gym and they did testing on him and told him about it. Now looking back we think it's been a problem for about 5 years. He's 30. They had to test twice to confirm. The first test was 240 and the second was 148 (normal is between 400-1200). The injection helped but it wore off yesterday and he was unbearable, much worse than before.

Quoting Kitschy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Why not?

Quoting Kitschy:

haunted.mommy
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:40 AM

PM me if you want to talk my dh has low t.

It is a simple blood test your doctor is pulling your schwance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:41 AM

His doctor wanted to start out doing every other week to see if he could tolerate them. Apparently the shot can have some bad side effects. He's having another blood test to see what his levels are tomorrow because apparently when you get the injection your body stops producing testosterone. We're hoping they will let him have another injection tomorrow (today). His personal trainer is having twice the amount he is and every 4 days so we think there shouldn't be a problem upping the dose or frequency. 

Quoting Kitschy:

Oh, I'm sorry. How long is the injection supposed to last?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Kitschy:

Quoting Anonymous:

Why not?

Quoting Kitschy:

haunted.mommy
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:43 AM

My DH uses a gel every morning.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:45 AM

He's had the test twice and he's having another one tomorrow (today). His doc was saying that they have to test to see how his levels are affected by the injection. I'm fine with testing as often as they need but I'm hoping they can up the dose and/or frequency because he was acting bipolar and being irritating today (yesterday). Very short temper, kept thinking I was being rude when I wasn't, got mad at a joke because he misunderstood, short with the kids. He says he did feel better but now it feels like it's worn off and like it's worse than before. 

Quoting haunted.mommy:

PM me if you want to talk my dh has low t.

It is a simple blood test your doctor is pulling your schwance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:46 AM

He chose the shot. He didn't want to do the gel because of an episode he saw on TV about it messing up the daughter. We have a 3yo girl, 2yo boy, and 10 month old boy.

Quoting haunted.mommy:

My DH uses a gel every morning.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN