Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help Us Settle This Argument...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

SO seems to think he is the reason we are 6 months ahead in rent.

SO recieved a lump sum. He paid 6 months ahead in rent.

That credit ran out in December. So, come January we had to start paying rent again.

I had some money and I gave the landlord 6 months ahead in rent. I continue to still pay rent monthly, so by June our rent will be paid for the year. I was able to give him that money because I had also received a lump sum after he did.

SO seems to think he is the only reason we are ahead.

No. He WAS the reason initially. But now, I am the reason, because it was MY money that paid the 6 months ahead the second time. If I hadn't of paid that, we would not be ahead today.

So, is he the reason we are NOW ahead, or am I? I totally agree that HE is the reason we were ahead AT FIRST. BUT when his credit ran out I paid all that money so NOW I am the reason.

The reason the argument started was because we were fighting this morning and I told him if he was not happy he could leave. He said he wasn't leaving a place where HE had 6 months ahead in rent. Like I said, I still pay the rent monthly and he pays the bills. The rent money comes from me, the bill money comes from him and we both pay about equal.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kaylawv2
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:43 AM
Lol. You both are. He paid up 6mth freeing that income up so you could save to pay another 6mths of rent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:44 AM

you wouldn't have had the money saved up if he hadn't paid the first six months paid up. So you're both equal in it. 

-42-
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Seems like a silly argument.

But would you have been able to save up the money for rent if he hadn't paid it in advance before?

It's a joint effort, dammit! lol. Let him pat your back while you pat his.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:44 AM
1 mom liked this

This is stupid. 

alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:45 AM

Why are you arguing over something so trivial?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:46 AM

There is no "I" in teamwork. Sounds like a lesson in teamwork is in order. Your dispute seems really petty.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:46 AM

This is why I am glad to be married with a joint account. I despise "your money/my money"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:47 AM

must not have much going on in your life if this is an agruement you both are serious about..

sam12796
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:49 AM

I agree with the above. He paid the initial 6 months and that allowed you to save up enough to pay the second 6 months. It was a joint effort that you both contributed to equally. I don't see why there is an argument to begin with.

LilliesValley
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:51 AM
This.

Quoting -42-:

Seems like a silly argument.

But would you have been able to save up the money for rent if he hadn't paid it in advance before?

It's a joint effort, dammit! lol. Let him pat your back while you pat his.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN