Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why does dst affect people after Sunday?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
On my fb feed there are several people complaining about the time change affecting them today, Monday. I guess I don't see why...?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Replies (11-20):
ninjakids
by Christina on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:57 AM
I still havent slept so I guess Im not much help here haha
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:57 AM

Honestly I'm never affected by DST. So I have to wake up an hour early or I get to sleep in an hour later. Normally I'm up past the change anyway.

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Because my natural clock doesn't have a "add 1 hour button". My body still thinks it is only 7am but the clock says it is 8am.
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:02 AM

Because we have to get up for work and our brains and bodies know it's a hour earlier than what the clocks say, LOL.

anitarichman
by Anita on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Why can't DST be on a Saturday morning (Friday night sleep) so that we have Saturday and Sunday to adjust?  I'm tired now.

katemckenzie
by Kate on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I work 3rd shift, so it threw off our whole time clock system all night, and we only had 7 hours to get all of our work done instead of 8, despite being allowed to stay until 7:30 instead of the nomal 6:30. Stuff still had to be done by 6:30 for opening.

annie6884
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:46 AM
This but besides the time clock issues it didnt effect me since i was awake when the time.changed.

Quoting katemckenzie:

I work 3rd shift, so it threw off our whole time clock system all night, and we only had 7 hours to get all of our work done instead of 8, despite being allowed to stay until 7:30 instead of the nomal 6:30. Stuff still had to be done by 6:30 for opening.

CutieCrab
by Jen on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Didn't affect me. Although I still woke up at 8:30 am like I did on Saturday. So I guess Sunday I technically woke up at 7:30, but the clock said 8:30. Lol.

I did wake up with a huge headache, but thats just because DF freaking head butted me in the middle of the night with his huge head. Lol.

BEXi
by BEXi on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I worked Sunday, so I got one less hour of sleep.

Not sure why people are still messed up on time today being that DST wasnt last night.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Because it still takes a little while to get used to it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)