Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why does dst affect people after Sunday?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
On my fb feed there are several people complaining about the time change affecting them today, Monday. I guess I don't see why...?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Replies (21-30):
FunnyKids
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:50 AM
I don't get why people are saying "because it's darker out" we went ahead an hour so it's brighter out not darker
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
raefmom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Almost every Monday morning, I see complaints about it being Monday. The complaining about the time change is probably just a different way to complain about it being Monday. 

TerriAnne2606
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Because for those of us who have migraines, sleep changes can trigger migraines. I have one today, but didn't have one yesterday. It's like jet lag for some people - even an hour can wreck havoc on their systems.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Brighter at night yes but its darker in the morning.

Quoting FunnyKids:

I don't get why people are saying "because it's darker out" we went ahead an hour so it's brighter out not darker
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:55 AM

No, you are backwards. We lost an hour of time so it is darker out in the morning later, and gets darker later at night.  So, when I dropped off my DD at daycare, my truk clock, which had not been changed yet, said 6:11 but the actual time was 7:11.  It was stil dark.  Last night, I noticed it was dark very late - nearly 7pm instead of 6pm.  

When we "fall back" later this year, you will be correct.  

Happy Monday!

Quoting FunnyKids:

TrouserMouse
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:56 AM

It is the first day that most must adhere to a schedule. On Sunday, most can get up whenever they want, eat whenever they want, leave the house whenever they want, etc...  

On Monday, they are forced into a schedule that their body may not be ready for.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:57 AM
There has been a thing on 2 different news channels that is dangerous to people's health and causes more accidents then anything.
CJsMommy92
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:05 AM

It doesn't bother me but that's probably because I still have a child in the baby stage so I don't always get the same amount of sleep everyday. He'll wake me up anywhere from 5am to 9am

weddingcountdown.com
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Lol! To hell with mondays!

Quoting raefmom:

Almost every Monday morning, I see complaints about it being Monday. The complaining about the time change is probably just a different way to complain about it being Monday. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TugBoatMama
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:08 AM

There's always a reason to complain about Monday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)