Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why does dst affect people after Sunday?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
On my fb feed there are several people complaining about the time change affecting them today, Monday. I guess I don't see why...?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Replies (31-40):
mom2ljh
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Because on Sunday you could sleep in. A lot of people went to bed at what FELT like bedtime last night, so an hour later. Therefore, they feel it today. It takes most people about a week to adjust.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom2ljh
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:10 AM
Brighter later. The mornings are darker. It doesn't just affect the time of sunset. Sunrise is also later. It's been being light when we left at 6:45AM. Today it was dark.

Quoting FunnyKids:

I don't get why people are saying "because it's darker out" we went ahead an hour so it's brighter out not darker

katemckenzie
by Kate on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:11 AM

I was awake as well. I meant the system we use to punch in and out at work. We couldn't clock in or out for breaks or lunches after 1 am, because the system was updating.

Quoting annie6884:

This but besides the time clock issues it didnt effect me since i was awake when the time.changed.

Quoting katemckenzie:

I work 3rd shift, so it threw off our whole time clock system all night, and we only had 7 hours to get all of our work done instead of 8, despite being allowed to stay until 7:30 instead of the nomal 6:30. Stuff still had to be done by 6:30 for opening.

liveforever
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Its sleep debt(and yes its a very real thing). Even an hour throws your body off. If you cant make up that extra hour of sleep your body stays in that debt until you do.

mom2ljh
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Because, as humans, we would still screw it up. LOL

Quoting anitarichman:

Why can't DST be on a Saturday morning (Friday night sleep) so that we have Saturday and Sunday to adjust?  I'm tired now.

tntmomof2
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Sunday I slept in like usual so I didn't notice it. Last night my body wouldn't let me fall asleep until midnight because it thought it was 11pm but my alarm still went off at 6am to get the kids up and ready soooo I lost an hour of sleep. 

kfrog13
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Throw a toddler into the mix and you're completely out of whack come Monday! Their internal clocks say a different time than the clocks on the wall.  I got my son up early and tried to tire him out by taking him to the playground and running him around, but he still wasn't ready to sleep at the "new" 8 pm.  And my internal clock is also saying a different time.  It will be at least half a week or more until my son's internal clock is reset. Which will throw off my sleep even more than the time change used to...

reava
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:52 AM
I'm complaining because I work 16 hr shifts on weekends and don't get much sleep anyway and I'm an hour short on sleep and exhausted currently.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow your probably the only person in America that it does not affect. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Because of internal clocks, and small children, my daughters sleep schedule is so messed up that she got up at 4 am this morning
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured