Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Exercise = Energy?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
I call bullshit!

Tell me this changes after a while. I started working out today. I woke up, took my vitamins, popped in the recommended dvd & made it through about 10 minutes. Then ate breakfast. Now my body is jello & I could really uae a nap. Is it because I'm SO fat? Where is this promised energy? It'll get better right?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
livelaughlov26
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Hang in there. It is hard at firsts but once you really get into it and lose some weight, yes you will have tons of energy. Trust me. As long as you are eating enough calories to keep you going, lots of water, and sleep. Don't give up now. You can do it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
liveforever
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Keep at it! Itll take your body some time to adjust. When I 1st started exercising 15 min on the elliptical was torture. Now I can breeze through 30 min at a higher resistance and Im full of energy afterwards.

ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

It will.  You'll be plum tuckered today, but you're boosting your metabolism.

Thanks for the inspiration though.  I need to get off my ever-spreading ass before it swallows this chair.

TugBoatMama
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Your body does adjust if you keep at it. Its not gonna be like that the very first day. I was exhausted every day for two weeks when I started jogging. But now I have much more energy throughout the day and I sleep better at night now. You just power through and keep going :)

Jennyanne322
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:18 AM
You worked out for 10 minutes and are already that tired? That's a normal warmup for a work out. You really should do 30 minutes of cardio a day. Start walking and eating better. Get your heart rate up. Little by little start running and you can even add weights to your ankles for walking or running.
NikLvsNick
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:18 AM

It does get better. I'll tell you one thing, I feel better and more awake after my morning walk than I do if I were to sit around when I first get up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Eating is my major problem, I don't do enough of it & then I binge. I started working on that a couple of weeks ago (and taking the vitamins) in hopes that once I started the physical aspect of things my body would be better prepared. So much for that, lol.

Quoting livelaughlov26:

Hang in there. It is hard at firsts but once you really get into it and lose some weight, yes you will have tons of energy. Trust me. As long as you are eating enough calories to keep you going, lots of water, and sleep. Don't give up now. You can do it!
muzzyh
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:21 AM
It'll change. Give it a few weeks.
all2gethernow
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Just keep it up:) it does get better:). Good for you!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Lol, no problem.

Quoting ErikaRobin:

It will.  You'll be plum tuckered today, but you're boosting your metabolism.

Thanks for the inspiration though.  I need to get off my ever-spreading ass before it swallows this chair.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured