Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Period question...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
Ok so ever since I first got my period its always been light. It lasts 2-3 days and its usually a brown color..and it never comes out in my pee or anything..i only see blood when I wipe. I dont even have to wear a pad/tampon because it doesnt come out unless I pee..!

My question is..is this normal?

I have had the Mirena for 4 years and it has definetly lightened up alot!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Bump
calcalmommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:21 AM
It is normal to have a very light period to no period on mirena.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:23 AM
I know but its been like this since I first got my period at age 11.

Quoting calcalmommy:

It is normal to have a very light period to no period on mirena.
calcalmommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

If your OB isn't worried and your ability to get pregnant isn't affected, it's probably just normal for you. Sounds like an easy thing to get used to though :)
Mrs.Pedro
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:30 AM
If that's how it has always been then it is fine. Each woman has a slightly or significantly different period than another. Mirena lightened mine, but never got rid of it and lengthened it. My period has always been quite heavy so it was nice that it was lighter, but that's all I liked about Mirena. It fell out about 3 weeks ago, so I don't have to think about or feel it in my uterus anymore thankfully.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Really? Ive been hearing all these horror stories about Mirena and I have never had any issues with mine!

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

If that's how it has always been then it is fine. Each woman has a slightly or significantly different period than another. Mirena lightened mine, but never got rid of it and lengthened it. My period has always been quite heavy so it was nice that it was lighter, but that's all I liked about Mirena. It fell out about 3 weeks ago, so I don't have to think about or feel it in my uterus anymore thankfully.
Mrs.Pedro
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:53 AM
I hated it. It hurt to be placed, It was harder for me to lose weight, I could feel it in my uterus multiple times a day and it was uncomfortable, my skin got oily and more pimples, I had horrid PMS lasting two weeks, my periods would be anywhere from 7 days(my normal period length) to 17 days long, and I had a bunch if pregnancy type symptoms. Most of that has gone away, but experiencing it being expelled was a bit horrifying and I will never get bc again. I'm just fed up lol. It could've much worse and I know that, but ugh I just can't handle it anymore.

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? Ive been hearing all these horror stories about Mirena and I have never had any issues with mine!

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN