Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I refuse to let MY daughter be in a marching band....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies

I was at the parade with my daughters yesterday and there was a marching band. Really awesome tune they were playing, kinda reminded me of drumline. Kinda. But then they turned to the crowd, and the girls with the batons (who were wearing a bathing suit and stockings) Spread their legs, dropped their bodies down, knees bent, and started 'popping' their vaginas at the crowd. I made my little girls look the other way.

DISGUSTING.

So yeah, no marching band for my girls.

Or maybe i just won't send them to an inner-city, ghetto high school.

Problem solved.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:27 AM
I loved band but refused to do marching band wasnt into it. Sounds like you are talking about the color gaurd girls. Usually they dont do that type of dancing. Most respectable music teachers would not have that as part of their routine
edelweiss23
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this
That's not the marching band. It's the color guard v
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom2ljh
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:28 AM
That is VERY odd for a majorette. I wouldn't let one display prevent my kids from participating in marching band. That is hardly the norm.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:31 AM
I was in matching band. The girls you are referring to are the dance squad (girls who werent popular enough to be cheerleaders). They didnt do that where i went to school.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Marching band is the whole thing including guard. It's all one band. However you can have your kids play and instrument instead of spin a flag. Plus most guards are extremely talented and don't do provocative dance at all.
Jennyanne322
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:33 AM
That's color guard, not the band.
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Ummm...yeah, that is not Marching Band... Marching Band would encompass Clarinet, Flute, Piccolo, Oboe, Trumpet, Trombone, Drum line, Tuba, etc.. 

Then, you have Color Guard- rifles and flags

Majorettes would be the ones in the leotards with batons<---that is your culprit right there. Not the band. 

Oh, and I love the spin off...lol

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I know, I had just read the "My daughter will never be a cheerleader post"...

But I was blown away. They were literally shaking their vaginas at my girls. Legs spread, only a thin strip of material covering their business.  And we had front row seats... =(

Quoting mom2ljh:

That is VERY odd for a majorette. I wouldn't let one display prevent my kids from participating in marching band. That is hardly the norm.

Diamondblue1
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Wow
JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Our marching band has the actual band, then guard/flags, AND baton twirlers. My bro's GF was the featured twirler last fall. :-) But, they would never pull crap like what the OP is describing.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Ummm...yeah, that is not Marching Band... Marching Band would encompass Clarinet, Flute, Piccolo, Oboe, Trumpet, Trombone, Drum line, Tuba, etc.. 

Then, you have Color Guard- rifles and flags

Majorettes would be the ones in the leotards with batons<---that is your culprit right there. Not the band. 

Oh, and I love the spin off...lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)