Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I refuse to let MY daughter be in a marching band....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I was at the parade with my daughters yesterday and there was a marching band. Really awesome tune they were playing, kinda reminded me of drumline. Kinda. But then they turned to the crowd, and the girls with the batons (who were wearing a bathing suit and stockings) Spread their legs, dropped their bodies down, knees bent, and started 'popping' their vaginas at the crowd. I made my little girls look the other way.

DISGUSTING.

So yeah, no marching band for my girls.

Or maybe i just won't send them to an inner-city, ghetto high school.

Problem solved.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Replies (21-30):
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:00 AM
That's good. Those marching band kids have the most sex.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I don't know the inner workings or lingo of what the different teams are, but they marched with the marching band. With batons. In bathing suits.

Quoting chalisa0:

What on earth are you talking about?  I've never seen a marching band like that.  Our high school marching band wears marching band uniforms.  In fact, they have so many clothes on that the only body parts that are exposed are their hands and faces.  And they're marching and playing instruments.  It would be pretty much impossible for these kids to do the moves you describe while holding a french horn or tuba or drum.  And our drum majors (the ones with the batons?) wear the same uniform-only with even more clothing-a cape and a much taller/fancier hat.  Unless you're talking about a drill team...in that case, you don't know what you're talking about.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I laughed at that...

how so?

Quoting BlessedBeX3:

you're disgusting

mich.el.le
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

So don't let her be a baton twirler. Make her play the trombone. 

vwd_johnson
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Band and baton twirlers are not the same class... at least not at my school they weren't. I was in band and we had nothing to do with them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Quoting BlessedBeX3:

you're disgusting

Why is op disgusting?

XnikoX
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I was in marching band and the cheerleaders and flag team that followed us during parades never did shit like that. Then again all depends on where they go to school and who's in charge.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:05 AM

At our school its the dance squad who has the more talented girls... our cheerleaders suck.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was in matching band. The girls you are referring to are the dance squad (girls who werent popular enough to be cheerleaders). They didnt do that where i went to school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:05 AM
I have never seen anything like that with any marching band.
macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Our flags and majorettes were nothing like that.  Thank God!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)