Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I refuse to let MY daughter be in a marching band....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I was at the parade with my daughters yesterday and there was a marching band. Really awesome tune they were playing, kinda reminded me of drumline. Kinda. But then they turned to the crowd, and the girls with the batons (who were wearing a bathing suit and stockings) Spread their legs, dropped their bodies down, knees bent, and started 'popping' their vaginas at the crowd. I made my little girls look the other way.

DISGUSTING.

So yeah, no marching band for my girls.

Or maybe i just won't send them to an inner-city, ghetto high school.

Problem solved.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Call the school and complain to the principal.  It's a parade for goodness sake, not a titty bar full of ho's.

XnikoX
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:06 AM

This.

Unless they're doing a parade or half time show they really dont have anything to do with marching band.

If your kid wants to do marching band I dont see the problem. Marching band is a lot different.

Quoting vwd_johnson:

Band and baton twirlers are not the same class... at least not at my school they weren't. I was in band and we had nothing to do with them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:07 AM
What do people expect anymore out of the younger generations behavior other than this type of vulgarity? We don't raise our children nor expect the media to mirror self respect modesty and the sanctity of sex within marriage. I don't get why people are shocked. You can't raise a promiscuous generation and allow a promiscuous mindset and then be Omg about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Never said the cheerleaders were better they were just more popular and their parents were the head of other things at the school. Our cheerleaders were awful.
BlessedBeX3
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:10 AM

the way you described that

you could have gone a whole different way

Quoting Anonymous:

I laughed at that...

how so?

Quoting BlessedBeX3:

you're disgusting

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Gotcha.

I do admire cheer teams that can stunt and are simply good at getting the crowd involved etc... But our girls, don't do either.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Never said the cheerleaders were better they were just more popular and their parents were the head of other things at the school. Our cheerleaders were awful.

Thibmom
Around here for Mardi Gras, the girls from schools in other cities that come march in our parades do this. It's disgusting! Last year, a girl started humping a pole when the parade stopped for toasting. And another girl came pop her butt on a bystander. It was sickening. Our schools in our parish have much more class than that. Matter of fact, I don't think I saw that school this year at MG. I wouldn't doubt if they weren't invited back.

I marched in school. We never did that. We would have been suspended on the spot, probably. Lol.

And it was an inner city, ghetto school. Not saying all are like that, but this one was.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
buttercup627
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:10 AM

That's the color guard. Call the school administrators if you feel it wasn't appropriate. I'm really surprised that they did that, most schools have a teacher in charge of that and the choreography is usually kept within the appropriate boundaries.

BlessedBeX3

the way she described it.

she should have said something else in reference to those children

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting BlessedBeX3:

you're disgusting

Why is op disgusting?

mich.el.le
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Quoting BlessedBeX3:

the way she described it.

she should have said something else in reference to those children

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting BlessedBeX3:

you're disgusting

Why is op disgusting?

Lol. Like what? THey were popping their privates? Their pee pees? Bottoms? It was a lewd move, so she described it as such.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN