Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I refuse to let MY daughter be in a marching band....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I was at the parade with my daughters yesterday and there was a marching band. Really awesome tune they were playing, kinda reminded me of drumline. Kinda. But then they turned to the crowd, and the girls with the batons (who were wearing a bathing suit and stockings) Spread their legs, dropped their bodies down, knees bent, and started 'popping' their vaginas at the crowd. I made my little girls look the other way.

DISGUSTING.

So yeah, no marching band for my girls.

Or maybe i just won't send them to an inner-city, ghetto high school.

Problem solved.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Replies (41-47):
sheena696
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I was in the Marching Band. I played an instrument some, but spent most of my years in colorguard. We would dance as well. I can tell you that NONE of that went on when I was in and if we even tried it we would have been in deep crap. If they did that then that is crappy parents and a crappy director. Even one parent stepping up and calling that out is enough to inspire a change. :) 

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I was in matching band. The girls you are referring to are the dance squad (girls who werent popular enough to be cheerleaders). They didnt do that where i went to school.

The school I went to the cheerleaders are STILL doing a dance that originated from the band. lol (and this is about 20 years later) My sisters were cheerleaders AND in the band. We also had 2 football players in the band (they obviously couldn't march game nights though) When we added a dance team, lots of people wanted on it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:36 AM

It was vulgar. Their dance was vulgar. I didn't curse, I simply explained what they did. With anotomically correct verbage. Did you get a mental picture? Because I got more than that. And so did everyone watcing.

Quoting BlessedBeX3:

the way you described that

you could have gone a whole different way

Quoting Anonymous:

I laughed at that...

how so?

Quoting BlessedBeX3:

you're disgusting

lexiloo714
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Yeah i feel the same way, but my reasoning is i can't stand band music. It gives me a headache and i personally don't want to sit through 8 years of band concerts (5th-senior year).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Here, guard and band are together. We do all contests, games and parades together. The guard is a huge part of a marching band show and there wouldn't be much visual without it. Marching band is not anything what it was when I was in school. Yes we have separate practices but that's to work on specific parts. The horn line, drum line, pit and guard all have sectional practices. And then they have at least one full ensemble practice a week.

This is just for all those saying guard is separate. It isn't. The band encompasses instruments and guard and they perform together.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:59 AM
The majorettes at my HS did that kind of shit. The cheerleaders and dance team? Nope.

Interesting fact. Majorettes: all AA. And I do mean ALL. Cheer and dance team: predominantly Caucasian. Coincidence? Maybe. But maybe not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:15 AM

No kidding!!  The girls we saw were ALL AA. ...   And the marching band behind them, all white. No vagina popping there either.

Quoting Anonymous:

The majorettes at my HS did that kind of shit. The cheerleaders and dance team? Nope.

Interesting fact. Majorettes: all AA. And I do mean ALL. Cheer and dance team: predominantly Caucasian. Coincidence? Maybe. But maybe not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)