Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone else have parents that NEVER took them to the Dentist as a child?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 265 Replies

yeah unreal

I never went as a child and now my teeth are paying for it as an adult. I just got in from the Dentist. My top left Wisdom tooth that was paining me has been removed but I still have a tooth on the right that needs to be capped and surgery done on the left lower side. They are waiting to get the approval from my insurance plan. I hope it gets approves before the divorce is final. I'm on my Husband's plan and no telling if my new job will cover dental. Hopefully I'll be ok but the scariest thing is, I had an infection in my mouth..and had no idea. If any of you are not going to the Dentist and have pain at all, please please please get it checked out. I could've died from this infection and that scares me that I didn't know it was there.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:07 AM
I went a few times, the last being when I was 5. Yup. Yes, we had dental insurance.
kidlover2
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:07 AM
My mom only took me to the hospital once when I broke my back. I have a torn acl that I'm finally getting surgery on 13 years later. My mom doesn't believe in doctors.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I had never been to the dentist until I was an adult and got dental insurance through my husband. I was 20, I believe.

BEXi
by BEXi on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:09 AM

They rarely took me. I doubt we had dental insurance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:09 AM

My husband was neglected by his parents growing up and it wasnt until he was almost 26 that he saw a dentist for the first time.

LClark1973
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:10 AM

My parents never took me to the dentist as a child. I did not have to go until I had a lot of work done when I was 21.

destiny2nv
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:10 AM
I never saw a dentist growing up. Dh just spent 2000 on my teeth and were not finished yet :(
NikLvsNick
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I went once when I was 15.

Didn't start going regularly until I moved out.

Gabeys_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:10 AM
We had dental insurance. I rarely went and when he recommended braces, my parents didn't do it. I've paid for it tremendously in my teeth. I've vowed that won't happen to my kids, they go every 6 months even though I pay a lot out of pocket.
chattycassie
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:11 AM

I only remember going one time my whole child hood and my teeth are jacked. :( I take my kids every 6 mo.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)