Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dd gags every morning.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
For the past few weeks dd has been gagging every morning. She rarely throws up anything but she always gags. She's 8 and it all happens within 10 minutes of waking up then she is fine for the day.

Anyone ever heard of something like this?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MeghMirab
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:33 AM
I get that still sometimes. I have a sensitive stomach. When I was younger and waking up first thing in the morning, smell my dads coffee, it would switch my gag reflex on immediately.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SunshineBird
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Does she have anything else going on? Dizziness? Ear infections? Vision changes? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Nope. She's fine except for those first 10 minutes every morning. She gags then goes about the rest of her day just fine.

Quoting SunshineBird:

Does she have anything else going on? Dizziness? Ear infections? Vision changes? 

Behindthelense
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:44 AM

If I get up too fast, I will gag and feel horrible for a while. I usually need to lay in bed a few minutes after waking up and then get up slowly. 

lmscm
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:08 AM
I have that happen most mornings. For me it is from sinus drainage while I'm sleeping. Is she having any sinus problems?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:08 AM
maybe she needs to eat.
WeddingBelles
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:13 AM

My sister used to always gag in the mornings before school. Turns out that it was anxiety. Does she only do this on school mornings or during the weekends too?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)