Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am a bipolar mom

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:37 AM
  • 90 Replies
Ask me anything I have time :)
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:37 AM

No questions. I most likely have bipolar disorder too. Wait, I do have a question, are you on a mood stabilizer? If so, which one? Do you like it?

LissieRun
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:38 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:38 AM

So am I, you are going to get ripped apart in this thread because a lot of ladies here are very mean towards those with MI.

What meds do you take how is the weight gain on it?

LissieRun
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Quoting purpleducky:

No questions. I most likely have bipolar disorder too. Wait, I do have a question, are you on a mood stabilizer? If so, which one? Do you like it?

Yup and and antidepressant. Prozac for the antidepressant and something really long, it's for nerve disorders like seizures. I don't really like it though, throughout it does help keep my nerves settled,but when I am in manic mode it helps a little. I just think I need something else.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Bump
LissieRun
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

So am I, you are going to get ripped apart in this thread because a lot of ladies here are very mean towards those with MI.

I know I have seen some shit on here, but there are mom's that need help, help and I hope I can do that. I am on Prozac, I like that one hard to get used to the feeling of calm. Something really long for my mood stabilizer, it's for nerve disorders. The weight gain is alright,I have been able to keep it a min. But I can get bloated an it just sucks all the salt out of me. :p hate that part.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:52 AM

prozac for bipolar?

Quoting LissieRun:

Quoting Anonymous:

I know I have seen some shit on here, but there are mom's that need help, help and I hope I can do that. I am on Prozac, I like that one hard to get used to the feeling of calm. Something really long for my mood stabilizer, it's for nerve disorders. The weight gain is alright,I have been able to keep it a min. But I can get bloated an it just sucks all the salt out of me. :p hate that part.

BEXi
by BEXi on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I was diagnosed Bipolar II.

I am unmedicated though. I take a more natural approach to it since all the types of meds we tried only made it so much worse.

garnet83
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Do your meds work? I have a couple of friends who have dealt with BPD and I felt so bad for them because it seems like it takes forever for the doctor to get their meds adjusted for them. I've been told it's like that for most everyone who is being treated for BPD because the meds affect everyone differently and ppl have different degrees of the disorder.

LissieRun
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

prozac for bipolar?

Quoting LissieRun:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah why is that strange?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)