Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I've had a 3 year old in time out for 15 minutes now

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Because she won't quit back talking, telling me no, and she won't stay in time out. I told her her 3 minutes starts when she sits there nicely. Day 1 with this kid and she's naughty as all get out. I'm sitting here beside her, ignoring her, so that she'll stay put.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting AHmom103:

Lol. Have fun. Don't you hate these kind of days? My 5 year old has been in and out of timeout all morning. I told her 1 more time, and she's just going to her room for the afternoon.

Ugh. Yes. And I don't feel good so it's even worse. I knew she could be stubborn but I didn't know she was this bad!

sarahbsquare
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:01 PM

3 yr olds say no, Grady says it all the time and it doesn't bother me i don't jump all over him because i don't want him to be the image i have for him in my own head.

no can mean kitty to a three yr old who knows so quit being an ass to her and let her be.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Quoting EvilAsh:

My kids have sat in a time out for over an hour before. They know it doesn't start until they're calm and quiet. 

Yeah, well it looks like that might be how this goes.

mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Just keep it up! She will eventually get it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sarahbsquare:

3 yr olds say no, Grady says it all the time and it doesn't bother me i don't jump all over him because i don't want him to be the image i have for him in my own head.

no can mean kitty to a three yr old who knows so quit being an ass to her and let her be.

lmfao

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:03 PM

http://www.123magic.com/

It works for lots of kids. Hopefully it may help yours. 

Basically, you have a 3 strikes rule. 

You have a chart with 3 pieces of velcro. you have a 1, 2, and 3, piece for the velcro. Each strike, the child removes a number. When the child removes the 3, it is time out time. 

Do not speak to child while in time out, and once they get out of time out, let it go. Do not talk to them about it

EvilAsh
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Don't give in! Lol. It takes a few times of doing that and they learn to just give up after a few minutes. Mine rarely struggle with it anymore, they know they get against the time out wall, forehead on the wall and hands at their sides.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting EvilAsh:

My kids have sat in a time out for over an hour before. They know it doesn't start until they're calm and quiet. 

Yeah, well it looks like that might be how this goes.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:04 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting sarahbsquare:

You're in for a rude awakening if you let your 3 year old child get away with telling you no and being belligerent when you say something to them or tell them to do something.

confused0701
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG!!! Really?  You are hilarious!!!!!!!  

Quoting sarahbsquare:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I take it this kid is not yours. if not have you asked the parents what their disciplines rules are?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN