Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I've had a 3 year old in time out for 15 minutes now

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Because she won't quit back talking, telling me no, and she won't stay in time out. I told her her 3 minutes starts when she sits there nicely. Day 1 with this kid and she's naughty as all get out. I'm sitting here beside her, ignoring her, so that she'll stay put.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Replies (21-30):
confused0701
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Same theory here but she has to hold a penny to the wall with her nose.  It drops time starts over!

Quoting EvilAsh:

Don't give in! Lol. It takes a few times of doing that and they learn to just give up after a few minutes. Mine rarely struggle with it anymore, they know they get against the time out wall, forehead on the wall and hands at their sides.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting EvilAsh:

My kids have sat in a time out for over an hour before. They know it doesn't start until they're calm and quiet. 

Yeah, well it looks like that might be how this goes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I take it this kid is not yours. if not have you asked the parents what their disciplines rules are?

No, she's not mine. They want me to do time out. Whether they ''allow'' her to get up, tell them no, etc. I don't know exaclty but it doesn't fly in my house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:07 PM

I posted on page 2. :) My DD is in SpEd PreK and it works with them. Most of them have Autism or are on the spectrum somewhere

Quoting BamaMommy2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Have you tried the 1-2-3 Magic approach? My DD's school uses it in PreK and it works.

I've never heard of this. What is it, exactly?

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:07 PM
My dd did that crap once. I started laughing at funny picture on my phone. She wanted to see and i told her that she is in time out so she cant. She sat down and shut up lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CjEmmemommy
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Ugh I have had those days..

a wedding website

EvaTheDiva29
2 moms liked this

yea, she probably forgot what she was in time out for 12 minutes ago......good luck with all that!

EvilAsh

oooh that's a good one! 

The first time my mom was over and saw a time out, she's like... wowwww. 

I told my oldest to get her butt in time out, and she goes over, hands straight down at her sides, quiets down, and forehead on the wall. 

I was like... what? She's like that's just amazing she does that. Well, she knows better! They don't get timeouts often, but when they do, it's not a game.

Quoting confused0701:

Same theory here but she has to hold a penny to the wall with her nose.  It drops time starts over!

Quoting EvilAsh:

Don't give in! Lol. It takes a few times of doing that and they learn to just give up after a few minutes. Mine rarely struggle with it anymore, they know they get against the time out wall, forehead on the wall and hands at their sides.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting EvilAsh:

My kids have sat in a time out for over an hour before. They know it doesn't start until they're calm and quiet. 

Yeah, well it looks like that might be how this goes.

CafeMom Tickers
aidyns_mommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:08 PM
We love this. We even have ds door lock on the outside not the inside after reading this book. People think we are cruel lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Have you tried the 1-2-3 Magic approach? My DD's school uses it in PreK and it works.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Well by stay there you are not doing her any favors.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

My dd did that crap once. I started laughing at funny picture on my phone. She wanted to see and i told her that she is in time out so she cant. She sat down and shut up lol

Lol. She has too much to look at. She's squirming, talking about how she's a big girl and NOT in time out, etc. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)