Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Jehovah's Witnesses

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:53 PM
  • 118 Replies

First time stopping by my new apartment.  I had one another run in with them like over two years ago at my upstairs apartment.

Today however I was nice and took their booklet.  We even chatted about back surgery < she brought up why I moved so turns out she had the same surgery and was doing great!  Good for her.  However, not so much for me lol.

I took their booklet and well i'm not gonna read it.  I'm Christian!  :)  But I did not want to just ignore them so I listened and told them to have a nice day.

Do you ignore them?  Or what do you do?

*Eta..  Yes I realize they are Christians too...  I should have further explained myself BUT I did not get into details with them nor mention that.  Our beliefs are different.

by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:55 PM

bump!

HappySAHMnWIFE
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:56 PM
I say "no thank you. Have a nice day."
If they persist, I say " I'm an atheist. I'm not interested. Have a nice day". That usually ends the conversation. If not, I shut the door.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:57 PM
3 moms liked this

I listen to every single word as it saved my life!

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:16 PM
I tell them I am not interested and refuse to take their literature. If you are nice they will never leave you alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:18 PM
I will add that I am polite. I just am up front on not being interested.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:19 PM

I was one when I was younger. So those that come to my house know me. I just tell them no thank you.

Kara242
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:19 PM

I have a sign on my door that says no religious soliciting! It was so bad The were at my house everyother day!

PerfectVirgo
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:20 PM

My mom takes their books. I politely tell them no thank you. VERY politely. I don't want to be disrespectful, but I don't want them wasting their time on my address. I have strong faith already.

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:22 PM
They've stopped by twice here. Once we weren't home so they just left a brochure on our door. Yesterday they stopped to invite us to a meeting, but didn't linger.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:23 PM
4 moms liked this
I am a Jehovah's Witness. We are Christians as well. Read it, you never know what you can learn. Even if you read it and don't agree that's fine too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN