Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

F*** animal shelters!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies
I'm so annoyed with our local shelter. I wanted to be a good person and adopt kittens, they are making everything so difficult it isn't even funny.

For two cats it's $175, not only that but you have to go through hell to get them.

It's a fucking kill shelter, it's almost like they want these animals to die!!!

Well I'm on my way back up to the shelter for my fourth time. Lol, I hope I get them.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:55 PM
2 moms liked this

that is pretty reasonable IMO

smuckin_fart
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:56 PM
4 moms liked this
well, they are completely vetted... UTD on shots, most of the time before they go home, they are spayed/neutered, and if not, they set a date for it to be done, and you arent paying for it.
do you know how much it costs THEM to do all that, and how little it costs you to donate to them??

maybe you shouldnt get an animal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Our local shelter makes you jump through hoops also. It's ridiculous.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:56 PM

To me that is expensive. You can adopt 2 kittens from our animal shelter for $60. You can also just go in, pick a kitten and within 20 minutes walk out the door with your pet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Really? They're just going to kill them anyways, I'm willing to pay for them and everything, I've been to like three interviews.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

LaughingTattoo
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:58 PM
3 moms liked this

If you have issue with that small of an adoption cost, you shouldnt likely own any animals

barrelracer1699
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:58 PM
2 moms liked this

They make you jump through hoops to make sure the animals are going to a good home.

kryptomom
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I have not had that experience with my animal shelter.  The price seems right, assuming it includes spay/neuter and up to date shots.

Plus, if they made it too easy, the crazies looking for target practice would "adopt."

amiesmomma
2 moms liked this

If that is more than you are willing to pay, try craigslist.  Someone always has kittens to give away.  But, the shelter is trying to limit irresponsible pet ownership to reduce the number of cats born every year, only to end up in shelters and be killed, hence the hoops.

I support shelters' efforts in population control by whatever means they think is best.

EvaTheDiva29

i know. but theyre all vetted with shots and altered. most places charge over 300 for a spay. 

but i understand the frustration. yes, theyre going to kill them anyways, but they have to make that buck to be able to keep boarding more and more that people just dump.

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? They're just going to kill them anyways, I'm willing to pay for them and everything, I've been to like three interviews.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN