Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did you struggle growing up? This makes me so mad! I don't understand him.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
1 mom liked this

This isn't a bash post.. I'm honestly curious. My parents were young parents, 17.  For me, my parents were for a very short time on PA about a year.  My dad has always been an extremely hard worker.Right now he's almost 60 and works 70 hrs a week driving semi ( and has since I was a child) so he can afford my mom's medical insurance because she has stage 4  breast cancer. I feel bad for him, he's getting older and tired.  When we were growing up, my parents ALWAYS provided to the best of their ablility, we may not have always had the latest clothes and I remember one time my dad actually had to take a minimum wage job at a tourist attraction for money  when he got laid off and my mom had to get our christmas presents from a church.  My mom was always there to greet us when we got off the bus (SAHM) and she was the best! There were times when my family struggled, but we always had a nice FAMILY Christmas and we would always get the gift we wanted for birthdays or Christmas even if its the only thing we got.  Many times my dad had to take two or 3 jobs to pay bills before he got another good job and our family was filled with love.  I remember one year when I was 7, I wanted a My little pony paradise estate and my dad did extra work so I could get one. They are in a much better financial situation now, but they barely had high school educations when they had kids.  They were the best I could ask for.

My brother loves to make my parents feel awful about the things he didn't have.  He tells them, I don't want my kids raised poor like we were (Meanwhile, he delivers pizzas, cheats on his wife and treats his kids awfully).. Not only has he told my mom to "Stop using chemo as an excuse" to not watch his kids (She gets it every two weeks and is sick for about 3 days after)..  he tells my mom that my dad was a shitty dad because he didn't get everything he wanted.  He's always saying things like "my kids will never grow up like we did" to my mom constantly.  Sometimes she cries over it and my heart breaks.  He's so mean to her and I just don't understand why.  I have another brother who adores my parents as well.  He's even gone so far as to say my parents were abusive to him to other members of our family.  This NEVER happened and it makes me so sad for them!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
D.O.E.
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:13 PM
2 moms liked this

holy shit......i would beat him with a 2x4. in a field. and then leave him there for the night.

what an asshole

Mom2KIL
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:14 PM
3 moms liked this
Your brother is a jerk.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:16 PM

He's just so mean to them and it makes me so sad.  They were never lazy and he is NO BETTER! That's what kills me.  

Quoting D.O.E.:

holy shit......i would beat him with a 2x4. in a field. and then leave him there for the night.

what an asshole

EvilAsh
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:16 PM

I had a lot of stuff, it was just me and my mom. I never went without, my kids won't either, however, i'm married and we're expecting our 3rd child so it's a much different situation. I'd never make my mom feel bad about her choices as a parent.

sstef126
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Damn shame. He just has no idea how much he is hurting them, especially if your mom is sick. They really need to tell them to kiss their ass and if they are so bad to stay the hell away from them.

CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Maybe he's just mad at his life as a pizza delivery guy and is taking it out on your parents.  Typical trait of a loser: blame others.  For everything. 

heresjohnny
by Emerald Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I also grew up poor. I love my parents and would NEVER throw it in their faces. A couple years ago my dad actually apologized to me about my poor upbringing. I just laughed and said there was nothing to apologize for. My brothers and I are all doing well enough financially, have no addictions, and no criminal records. There's more to being a good parent than providing material things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Just be there for them.  And let them know the things you posted here- you recognize how hard they tried and the wonderful memories you have.  Your brothers need to grow up, they are entitled a-holes.  And hope that if they have a will, not that there'll be anything left, but they need to be completed cut out of it.  That will give them something to whine about for the rest of their lives. 

CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:19 PM

That's terrible and he sounds selfish and ungrateful and resentful. 

Truthfully, there is nothing you can do.  He created this perception in his head and this whole life that didn't exist.  It's stupid.  My BIL is the same way. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:20 PM

My husband and I make good money and my parents make okay money now too.  My family vacations a lot because I never went anywhere growing up.  My brother bashes for that too.  My kids aren't spoiled with "things", but they are with travel and outings because I like to make memories with them :)

Quoting EvilAsh:

I had a lot of stuff, it was just me and my mom. I never went without, my kids won't either, however, i'm married and we're expecting our 3rd child so it's a much different situation. I'd never make my mom feel bad about her choices as a parent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)