Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Plan B Contraception

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

I will probably get bashed for it but here goes.

One of the pages In the pamphlet says this:

Mainly it works  by stopping the release of an egg from the ovary. It is possible that plan b may also work by preventing the fertilization of an egg, (uniting the sperm with the egg) or by preventing attachment (implantation) to the uterus (womb).

Another page says it should be taken within 72 hours.

Now my story goes as this. I had unprotected sex. At the time me and DF were ok with having another child. We weren't trying to conceive, but we didn't mind having intercourse without the condom. I can't say things have changed dramatically over the next three days, but we are leaning towards waiting. We had a two day talk over the weekend. So I took this pill on day 4. Does anyone know if its just as effective? 

I have had miscarriage before my dd13. And doctors told me I would have problems conceiving. DF and I have had intercourse without a condom days before period and after, not during. But I have NOT had sex without protection a week or two later after my cycle. Do you think this contraception will work for me?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:07 PM

BUMP!

Aislinn
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I took the pill at about 48 hours. It did not work for me. It is more effective the sooner you take it. It may work, but definitely works better the sooner it is taken.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Really, all you can do now is wait and see.

You may want to think about whether or not you would have an abortion if you are pregnant.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Omgosh NOOOOO. PLEASE LIE TO ME.  Did he release multiple times or just once? Are you extremely fertile?

Quoting Aislinn:

I took the pill at about 48 hours. It did not work for me. It is more effective the sooner you take it. It may work, but definitely works better the sooner it is taken.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:14 PM

I don't think I would have an abortion. Especially from how difficult it may be if I Do conceive. But we decided to go for a planned pregnancy instead. It would be more ideal, romantic, etc. My nerves are wrecked now!

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Really, all you can do now is wait and see.

You may want to think about whether or not you would have an abortion if you are pregnant.

Aislinn
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Omgosh NOOOOO. PLEASE LIE TO ME.  Did he release multiple times or just once? Are you extremely fertile?

Quoting Aislinn:

I do appear to be very fertile. lol I wish I could lie to you, but I am not very good at lying.  I will say I have issues with lots of medications. I am very sensitive to the BC pill. I cannot take any pain killers and I have to be careful about what antibiotics I take. My body rejects pills, pretty much. However, it is most effective before 72 hours. That does not mean it is not effective after 72 hours, it just means you go from about 80% effective to much lower, every day passed 72 hours. Did you already use it?

Mommy_Jenx3
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Don't know much about it, but good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jessica31876
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:20 PM

my daughter is a pharmacy tech...from what I know about it before they dispense it at least here in Fl. they are required by law to advise you on the consequences of taking it and ask you certain questions. She is still at work I think but I can ask her how effective it is.

tifbrown
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:20 PM

The reason it says 72 hours is because that is how long it takes for implantation. If it has implanted I doubt the Plan B will work. I'm not sure if it is true, but I have heard that if you take it late and are pregnant it could cause miscarriage or birth defects.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Yes I did.... Uuughhh I'm biting my nails off just thinking about it.

Quoting Aislinn:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Aislinn:

I do appear to be very fertile. lol I wish I could lie to you, but I am not very good at lying.  I will say I have issues with lots of medications. I am very sensitive to the BC pill. I cannot take any pain killers and I have to be careful about what antibiotics I take. My body rejects pills, pretty much. However, it is most effective before 72 hours. That does not mean it is not effective after 72 hours, it just means you go from about 80% effective to much lower, every day passed 72 hours. Did you already use it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured