Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am so proud of my 10yo right now

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:07 PM
  • 14 Replies
4 moms liked this

we have a "Hold your tounge"Jar. Pretty much it is a jar, that everytime we adults cuss, or if anyone in the family  speak badly of someone or whatever we need to put  a quarter  in a jar.

Well anyway my 10yo just came out and put a quarter in the Jar, When I asked him why he put a quarter in the jar and he said he called his brother Lazy. I told him I was glad he took responsibitly for his actions. I am very proud of him right now.

Daisypath Easter gifts tickers

by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Oh my goodness, I need that jar. I'm not happy with myself the past few years. I have been grumbling, complaining, and have even started cussing like I did in high school again. We hit some bumps and I'm having a hard time emotionally being "ok" again, and that's causing me to be so dang negative. If I had that jar, though, I'd be broke within the week.
Beautiful31mom
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Quoting KrissyKC:

Oh my goodness, I need that jar. I'm not happy with myself the past few years. I have been grumbling, complaining, and have even started cussing like I did in high school again. We hit some bumps and I'm having a hard time emotionally being "ok" again, and that's causing me to be so dang negative. If I had that jar, though, I'd be broke within the week.

Lol!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:14 PM

That is a good idea,  we might have to get us one of those jars!

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:18 PM

That is awesome !!! Good job raising that child momma.

JTnJT
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:21 PM

I like that idea!  In our house if someone feels they just have to say something that is "naughty" we have to go into the bathroom....as potty words (any words not nice, hate, stupid, retarted are all considered potty words in this house) need to stay in the potty room.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:23 PM

I'd fill that jar up in a day - especially if getting on the freeway!

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:23 PM
This is another terrific idea!!! I like that better than the quarters, because we wouldn't follow through on the quarters (we never keep enough cash around for that)
Quoting JTnJT:

I like that idea!  In our house if someone feels they just have to say something that is "naughty" we have to go into the bathroom....as potty words (any words not nice, hate, stupid, retarted are all considered potty words in this house) need to stay in the potty room.

Beautiful31mom
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

That is a good idea,  we might have to get us one of those jars!

Ours has a bible verse on it..

Beautiful31mom
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

That is awesome !!! Good job raising that child momma.

thanks. we have taught the boys from an early age to take responsibilty for your actions.

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I love when that happens.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN