Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

OMG I did something right

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:36 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

So tonight after the kids show, it was time for dd 4 to brush her teeth and go to bed.  One of her favorite things is for stories before bed.  Well a couple of times she did not want to listen and I told her if she did not listen she would not get stories.  Well after me following through a couple of times it finally sunk through her head.

She brushed her teeth and instead of going into her room, she came and got back onto my bed, which was a no no.  So I said if i count to three and you are still here, not stories.

1, 2, and before I could blink she was in her room waiting for a story.  OMG discipline and follow through actually works.

Just felt the urge to share.

by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Rosamaria101
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Well duhh Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:38 PM

Bump

kissesxoxo8882
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:40 PM

good job mama

CAMom5472
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Npw I bet next time you tell her something shes gonna know you arent playin! Great job mama! Plain old love and discipline seems to be an old art form anymore. Seems you have 1 exteme or the other and just know you are doing your kids good when you follow thru even on the most "mundane" of things! Woo hoo! :o) Now would you PLEASE have a chat w/my inlaws who are raising my niece and nephew and NEVER do this??lol They have free reign and it shows on the kids.Sad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
starbuckmom03
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Good job, mama!

My boys know that if they mess around getting ready for bed, then they lose book time.  Book time is where they get to chose a book or two and read it in bed.  I read books to them the rest of the day.  They hate to lose book time.  There have been a few times where they have lost book time and sure enough, the next night, they hussle getting ready and won't mess around. Works every time!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)