Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why are some Moms insulted to be labeled "Single Mom"?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

You do realize that a mom can become a single mom more than one way right? And should a single mother be ashamed? It's NOTHING to be ashamed of. Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves. The perfect mommies on CM make me fucking sick sometimes.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
audreesmama
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:51 PM

For me, it hurt to know that I didn't get pregnant on my own. I had no self esteem back when this happened, and I thought I was a reject. I was faulty. If he didn't want me, no one would. I believed that being single meant worthless. It stung to be reminded that I was unwanted and unloved.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:52 PM

It's definitely an eye-opening experience for me. I see how strong I am.

Quoting audreesmama:

For me, it hurt to know that I didn't get pregnant on my own. I had no self esteem back when this happened, and I thought I was a reject. I was faulty. If he didn't want me, no one would. I believed that being single meant worthless. It stung to be reminded that I was unwanted and unloved.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Yeah there's a difference between single divorced and widow. I don't judge any of of those, mainly because I don't even give it a second thought. I am glad I'm not either of those though.
anity
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:56 PM

I am a single mom raising my 3 kids myself. and i am proud of it. It's hard, but makes me realize how strong i really am. They dont need their father, as long as they have me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:59 PM

I became a single mom when I left an abusive drug addict, so I was pretty fucking proud of my "single mom" status.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a widow, but I usually just say I'm a single mom.

My husband died in 2007 of Leukemia and I'm not ashamed to tell anyone that I'm a single mom. There is absolutely no shame in being a mother without a partner.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:01 PM

I keep it to myself because there is still a lot of stigma.

I've had countless people assume I am on welfare, online people on cm assume I use fs and irl I had to bring my gay best friend with me so he could be my beard to get this apt.

SaraD1989
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM

I love being a single mom. I have no else to consult with about my decisions. My son and I have a strong bond. I've been a singlem mom ever since I was pregnant.

Val99
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:03 PM

I am a widow also.  Some people forget that husbands can and do die sometimes.  I think it's even harder because there is grief instead of animosity about the loss of the relationship.  It's hard missing a good relationship where you both wanted to be together.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a widow, but I usually just say I'm a single mom.

My husband died in 2007 of Leukemia and I'm not ashamed to tell anyone that I'm a single mom. There is absolutely no shame in being a mother without a partner.

LADYxGHOST
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:04 PM

you mean the married 23 years before the ass up and eft her and so she isn't a singe mom?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN