Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

guilty.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
My son is teething. Molars.
We are keeping up with the tylenol... but its not working as well as it used to. He had some an hour and a half ago and is still in pain. (He keeps signing hurt, pointing to his teeth, and crying.)

I gave him a popsicle (real fruit, no added sugar) but that seems to last 20min or so.

We've never had this hard of a time.. he won't use a cold cloth or his chewies. Any other ideas? I feel so bad that I can't just make him feel better.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2013 at 6:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2013 at 6:39 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 12, 2013 at 6:40 AM
How old is the baby? If baby is six months, they can have motrin. Wait three hours before giving the Motrin so the Tylenol will have worn off. Never give both together. If baby is younger than six months or the Motrin does not seem to be working, call your doctor. It could be something more than teething.
white_wolf454
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 6:41 AM

They have baby ora gel which works kinda and humphres 3 <sp> that works oh if he still uses a pasifier see if you can get the inside full of water freeze and let him suckle 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 12, 2013 at 6:44 AM

i did this once i used whiskey just enough to coat my finger and rubbed the gums it will make them sleep and numb and kiss any bacteria there

teresanteens
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 6:45 AM

HAVE YA TRIED THE JELL THAT YOU CAN PURCHASE OVER THE COUNTER,RUB IT ON HIS GUMS, IT MAKES IT NUMB.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2013 at 6:45 AM
14mo. These are his 1yr molars. 2/4 have cut

Ty

Quoting Anonymous:

How old is the baby? If baby is six months, they can have motrin. Wait three hours before giving the Motrin so the Tylenol will have worn off. Never give both together. If baby is younger than six months or the Motrin does not seem to be working, call your doctor. It could be something more than teething.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2013 at 6:47 AM
I haven't tried it. I read somewhere that it can harden the gums.

He's never really been into pacifiers :/

Quoting white_wolf454:

They have baby ora gel which works kinda and humphres 3 <sp> that works oh if he still uses a pasifier see if you can get the inside full of water freeze and let him suckle 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 12, 2013 at 6:47 AM

This and oil of clove. It lasts longer than the Ora gel

Quoting Anonymous:

i did this once i used whiskey just enough to coat my finger and rubbed the gums it will make them sleep and numb and kiss any bacteria there

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2013 at 6:48 AM
Lol people used to do it a lot! No whiskey in our house though. It tends to bring out the celtic tempers, so we don't buy it

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2013 at 6:49 AM
Where would I find oil of clove?
What is it?

Quoting Anonymous:

This and oil of clove. It lasts longer than the Ora gel

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)