Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My kid doesn't need early intervention!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 74 Replies
These darn states just want money so they are diagnosing kids with crap they don't have. I filled out a form for my doctor who sent it to the county. They called me saying my 2 year old needs Early Intervention. There is nothing wrong with him except normal two year old behaviors. I turned them down today after talking to my ex and my kids' babysitter. Stop pushing for crap people! You won't get your money from my kid.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:16 PM
16 moms liked this

you're trolling, because that is NOT how early intervention works in any of the states.

no one can just call you and say, "your child needs early intervention"

SMH at your stupidity and ignorance of how EI works.

xixCandyxix
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:19 PM
In New Hampshire some of the doctors pretty much force you to do early intervention... I switched doctors just to stop the one from harassing me. I said we weren't interested. My son is fine, he just learns at his own rate...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:22 PM

O

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:23 PM

That's not how I saw the system...I had to bug the state for a nutritionist for my YDD...and my SIL had a hell of a time getting help for her DD...her DD has hydrocephalus and is in therapy 2-3x a week...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Hello? Can you read? I filled out paperwork for my doctor who sent it to the Early Intervention people.

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

you're trolling, because that is NOT how early intervention works in any of the states.

1boy1girlmama
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Umm, in a lot of states early intervention is free. I hope your not wrong, because if there is something up with him it's better to find out sooner rather than later. You could at least have him tested and make sure. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:24 PM
I hope he doesn't. I like the doc.

Quoting xixCandyxix:

In New Hampshire some of the doctors pretty much force you to do early intervention... I switched doctors just to stop the one from harassing me. I said we weren't interested. My son is fine, he just learns at his own rate...
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:25 PM

So your doctor thinks your child needs help?

Quoting Anonymous:

Hello? Can you read? I filled out paperwork for my doctor who sent it to the Early Intervention people.

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

1boy1girlmama
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Oh and if a Dr. thinks a child isn't developing on a 'normal' schedule a Dr. may submit papers as a referral to early intervention. Then EI tests them to see if they are even eligible.  

ashley9603
by RunningMomma on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:26 PM

My son gets EI and thats not how it is here(Ohio)I called them,they have an 800 number.I talked with ds pedi and we agreed to call them...they referred them both....anyways they came out and did an assesment and decided he needed some therapies...thank goodness for EI,they have helped him so much...he will be walking soon,however it has been a long road.(He and his brother were born at 28 weeks)His brother is more advanced,however little Eli is catching up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)