Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you F•••ing kidding me kid?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

That's what I wanted to say.

What I did say is "Go to your room!"

Spring break.  Errands and shopping with ds7 in tow is pure hell.

I got home sanity somewhat intact and ds started the WHINING.  My feet hurt.  Ok go sit down than.  But I'm tired.  Then just go watch cartoons.  But you said in the grocery store after I knocked over the cheese display no more tv.  Oh right.  Kid, look, go find something to do, I just have to put this stuff away.

I hear a dragging noise and kid saying "I don't like this arrangement...."

What?

Go investigate and my 7 yr old has dragged a full sized couch about 5 feet across my effin hardwood floor and is trying to rearrange my damn furniture. 

And that's when my tired, sweaty, frustrated self thought "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?"

But said "Go to your room.  NOW."

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Replies (131-140):
tonijustine
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:14 PM

I am totally stealing this idea! Thanks!

Quoting terpmama:

We have a bored jar... It has all sorts of not so fun chore type things in it. You wanna be bored... Mom pulls out the jar. At the same time I try to include my kids in what I'm doing or have activities set up (art, games...) to keep them occupied. Especially if its a known break from school.

Alyssa1988-21
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Scratch markers. You can get them at almost any hardware store.

Quoting Anonymous:

there is a small scratch, tell me you know how to fix it?

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Did he scratch the floor?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CallMeSwarley
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:28 PM
I finally read through the replies. I am laughing my freaking ass off.

Bitches be crazy.

/mom of three boys who are not allowed to move the furniture. Lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:39 PM

I'm a fool because I don't see the big deal in moving a couch? Your a fool for breathing.

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

seriously......youre making yourself look like a fool. smh never ends....

Quoting Anonymous:

And why is the couch being moved that big of deal? Really it did not hurt anything. 

Quoting Anonymous:

treated him like that?  You're off your rocker lady.  smdh.

He was cranky.  Period.  He didn't need my attention, he needed to chill out.  And quite frankly, so did I.

Again, he didn't want to talk.  

And he wasn't sent to his room for wanting to talk.

He was sent to his room for moving a couch across the room.

If you think kids are never a pain in the ass you are deluded.

Quoting Anonymous:

Everyone is busy! Groceries can wait a few minutes, or heaven forbid have him help you! You are acting like a child who is bored and needing something to do is a pain in your ass. I have three kids one of which has autism and I have NEVER treated my kids like that. They are all very independant and do not require 24/7 attention. My kids want to help me put up groceries. Or do laundry. I am NEVER too busy for my kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

ok, I'm a bitch because I was BUSY? lmao ok.  You know, groceries do not put themselves away.

Yes dropping what you are doing to give a child attention when you are busy is catering to them.  

And he didn't want to talk to me.  He is always welcome to do that. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Your son was obviously wanting your attention. It won't kill you to talk to him. You just kept telling him to go away. Your a bitch mom. Spending time with your child is not catering. And him wanting to talk to you is not failing to conduct himself. 

Quoting Anonymous:

lmao are you kidding me?

CHildren need to be taught to conduct themselves.  No, I am not dropping what I am doing to cater to him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Guess I'm laid back. I would care if my kids rearranged. Not his fault you can't take 5 mins to talk to him.

EvaTheDiva29
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:42 PM

youre full of shit. and just talking out of your ass. if your kid pushed your couch and scratched your WOOD floors, youd be pissed to. so yes, youre a fool.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a fool because I don't see the big deal in moving a couch? Your a fool for breathing.

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

Quoting Anonymous:

And why is the couch being moved that big of deal? Really it did not hurt anything. 

Quoting Anonymous:

He was cranky.  Period.  He didn't need my attention, he needed to chill out.  And quite frankly, so did I.

Quoting Anonymous:

Everyone is busy! Groceries can wait a few minutes, or heaven forbid have him help you! You are acting like a child who is bored and needing something to do is a pain in your ass. I have three kids one of which has autism and I have NEVER treated my kids like that. They are all very independant and do not require 24/7 attention. My kids want to help me put up groceries. Or do laundry. I am NEVER too busy for my kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

ok, I'm a bitch because I was BUSY? lmao ok.  You know, groceries do not put themselves away.

Yes dropping what you are doing to give a child attention when you are busy is catering to them.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Your son was obviously wanting your attention. It won't kill you to talk to him. You just kept telling him to go away. Your a bitch mom. Spending time with your child is not catering. And him wanting to talk to you is not failing to conduct himself. 

Quoting Anonymous:

lmao are you kidding me?

CHildren need to be taught to conduct themselves.  No, I am not dropping what I am doing to cater to him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Guess I'm laid back. I would care if my kids rearranged. Not his fault you can't take 5 mins to talk to him.

Two_Hearts
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:49 PM

ShanesMommy , just had a baby in June of 2102...she has NO clue what kids can do ,  and what buttons they push. so ive been howling at her comments lol. 

O.P. i think you did the right thing , i see in replies that he has calmed down now..hopefully the day goes smoother for you :)

Quoting CallMeSwarley:

Telling him to go to his room is overreacting? Better yet, going to his room is a punishment suitable for going out and doing drugs?

Yeah, if my kid was moving my furniture around the house because he was pissed off, he'd go to his room too. Furniture is not a toy. Toys are toys.

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

There's a difference between disciplining and being a complete hard ass. And my son won't get to do whatever he wants either. But you're acting like rearranging the furniture is equal to going out and doing drugs.

My point is, you overreacted.

Quoting Anonymous:

one, I didn't yell at him.  Two, my kids don't just get to do whatever they want.  Good luck with that style of non discipline.

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

He's just a kid... I wouldn't scream at my son if he did that. I would've just put it all back.

Quoting Anonymous:

um, dragging furniture around the house and rearranging it is ok by your standards?

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

No, I'm just wondering what the problem is. He wasn't hurting anyone.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Oh, he's in bed now! But the rest of our evening was very nice :D 

Like most kids, he had his moment was corrected and we both got over it lol

Quoting Two_Hearts:

ShanesMommy , just had a baby in June of 2102...she has NO clue what kids can do ,  and what buttons they push. so ive been howling at her comments lol. 

O.P. i think you did the right thing , i see in replies that he has calmed down now..hopefully the day goes smoother for you :)

Quoting CallMeSwarley:

Telling him to go to his room is overreacting? Better yet, going to his room is a punishment suitable for going out and doing drugs?

Yeah, if my kid was moving my furniture around the house because he was pissed off, he'd go to his room too. Furniture is not a toy. Toys are toys.

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

There's a difference between disciplining and being a complete hard ass. And my son won't get to do whatever he wants either. But you're acting like rearranging the furniture is equal to going out and doing drugs.

Quoting Anonymous:

one, I didn't yell at him.  Two, my kids don't just get to do whatever they want.  Good luck with that style of non discipline.

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

He's just a kid... I wouldn't scream at my son if he did that. I would've just put it all back.

Quoting Anonymous:

um, dragging furniture around the house and rearranging it is ok by your standards?

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

CallMeSwarley
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:55 PM
I don't know, my kids have been taught since they could walk that some things are to be played with and some are not. Furniture is a "not".

Let her get a couple of years and a couple more kids under that judgy belt of hers.

Quoting Two_Hearts:

Quoting CallMeSwarley:

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

CallMeSwarley
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:57 PM
I love the simple irony of "your a fool". Lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

lmao are you kidding me?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:59 PM

lol

Quoting CallMeSwarley:

I love the simple irony of "your a fool". Lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

lmao are you kidding me?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)