Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you F•••ing kidding me kid?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

That's what I wanted to say.

What I did say is "Go to your room!"

Spring break.  Errands and shopping with ds7 in tow is pure hell.

I got home sanity somewhat intact and ds started the WHINING.  My feet hurt.  Ok go sit down than.  But I'm tired.  Then just go watch cartoons.  But you said in the grocery store after I knocked over the cheese display no more tv.  Oh right.  Kid, look, go find something to do, I just have to put this stuff away.

I hear a dragging noise and kid saying "I don't like this arrangement...."

What?

Go investigate and my 7 yr old has dragged a full sized couch about 5 feet across my effin hardwood floor and is trying to rearrange my damn furniture. 

And that's when my tired, sweaty, frustrated self thought "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?"

But said "Go to your room.  NOW."

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Replies (21-30):
Kool_Aide
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:18 PM
2 moms liked this

Sounds like she handled it great, she told him to go to his room. She is venting here. Is this difficult to understand?

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

He's just a kid... I wouldn't scream at my son if he did that. I would've just put it all back.

Quoting Anonymous:

um, dragging furniture around the house and rearranging it is ok by your standards?

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

No, I'm just wondering what the problem is. He wasn't hurting anyone.

Quoting Anonymous:

there is a small scratch, tell me you know how to fix it?

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Did he scratch the floor?

EvilAsh
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Lol oh okay, I remember her talking about that. I thought she was looney, so I wasn't paying too much mind haha.

Quoting ImNotKarl:

Nah. Not in the shell. It's the oil from the nut itself that buffs out the scratch. It really does work though. It's great. Just a shelled raw walnut. Plus when you buy a whole bag they taste awesome toasted in salad or baked things or I just like them raw. Mmmmm. 

Quoting EvilAsh:

My mom told me before, if it's real wood, rub walnuts on it, with the shell, I think. It helps with scratches. Worth a try?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

CafeMom Tickers
gigis1
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Wow... I can feel the frustration lol.. keep your cool though :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
young_lv_mom
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:20 PM
How is telling a child to go the room the same as acting like they are doing drugs? Not to mention it seems like just one to many stunts pulled in one day. My 9 year old knows she is not to move the furniture unless its in her room. What is wrong with having rules and having your kids follow them?

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

There's a difference between disciplining and being a complete hard ass. And my son won't get to do whatever he wants either. But you're acting like rearranging the furniture is equal to going out and doing drugs.

My point is, you overreacted.

Quoting Anonymous:

one, I didn't yell at him.  Two, my kids don't just get to do whatever they want.  Good luck with that style of non discipline.

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

He's just a kid... I wouldn't scream at my son if he did that. I would've just put it all back.

Quoting Anonymous:

um, dragging furniture around the house and rearranging it is ok by your standards?

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ShanesMommy2012
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Kind of. Her reaction was kind of ridiculous.

Quoting Kool_Aide:

Sounds like she handled it great, she told him to go to his room. She is venting here. Is this difficult to understand?

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

terpmama
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:20 PM

We have a bored jar... It has all sorts of not so fun chore type things in it. You wanna be bored... Mom pulls out the jar. At the same time I try to include my kids in what I'm doing or have activities set up (art, games...) to keep them occupied. Especially if its a known break from school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:21 PM

no I am acting like I was tired, frustrated and my child did something ridiculous that he shoudl have know was not ok and damaged property in the process leaving heavy furniture for my to arrange when I was already exhausted.

Btw, just saying are you fucking kidding me is your reaction to hard drugs?

shit lady  you better up your game.

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

There's a difference between disciplining and being a complete hard ass. And my son won't get to do whatever he wants either. But you're acting like rearranging the furniture is equal to going out and doing drugs.

My point is, you overreacted.

Quoting Anonymous:

one, I didn't yell at him.  Two, my kids don't just get to do whatever they want.  Good luck with that style of non discipline.

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Mrs.Vallo
by Sylvia on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:22 PM

WOW hang in there momma.

Kool_Aide
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Her reaction was: go to your room. That's ridiculous? She didn't yell, or spank or lose her shit. She just asked him to go to his room. It sounds like hes been whining today from what she wrote. If you deem a child's bedroom as a place of punishment then I truly feel sorry for your kids. She didn't hurt him or scold him, she is fine. You are literally nit picking at something that really has no affect on your life. 

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Quoting Kool_Aide:

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Lady if you think that is ridiculous and an overreaction that I feel bad for you.

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Quoting Kool_Aide:

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)