Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you F•••ing kidding me kid?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

That's what I wanted to say.

What I did say is "Go to your room!"

Spring break.  Errands and shopping with ds7 in tow is pure hell.

I got home sanity somewhat intact and ds started the WHINING.  My feet hurt.  Ok go sit down than.  But I'm tired.  Then just go watch cartoons.  But you said in the grocery store after I knocked over the cheese display no more tv.  Oh right.  Kid, look, go find something to do, I just have to put this stuff away.

I hear a dragging noise and kid saying "I don't like this arrangement...."

What?

Go investigate and my 7 yr old has dragged a full sized couch about 5 feet across my effin hardwood floor and is trying to rearrange my damn furniture. 

And that's when my tired, sweaty, frustrated self thought "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?"

But said "Go to your room.  NOW."

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Replies (31-40):
ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Totally not a looney, lol. It works. You rub the scratch with the nut a bunch all different directions so the oil gets into the wood pours, let it "soak" in the oil for a few minutes, then polish over the scratch with a soft dry rag. It's magical. Super easy. And it seals the wood, protecting it from other damage like water. :)

Quoting EvilAsh:

Lol oh okay, I remember her talking about that. I thought she was looney, so I wasn't paying too much mind haha.

Quoting ImNotKarl:

Nah. Not in the shell. It's the oil from the nut itself that buffs out the scratch. It really does work though. It's great. Just a shelled raw walnut. Plus when you buy a whole bag they taste awesome toasted in salad or baked things or I just like them raw. Mmmmm. 

Quoting EvilAsh:

My mom told me before, if it's real wood, rub walnuts on it, with the shell, I think. It helps with scratches. Worth a try?

Quoting Anonymous:

there is a small scratch, tell me you know how to fix it?

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Did he scratch the floor?

My tummy had the rumblies that only hands could satisfy.
Kerannmer
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Lol. You handled your son and yourself fabulously, Mama.

Our spring break is in 2 weeks...my daughter is already begging to have a sleepover with 9 girls. I'm exhausted already, lol. ;)

sammygrl77
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:27 PM
I find your opinion ridiculous.

OP, over the years my kids have done some pretty frustrating things, but that is one that hasn't happened....yet. I don't know how I would react, but probably close to the same.

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Kind of. Her reaction was kind of ridiculous.

Quoting Kool_Aide:

Sounds like she handled it great, she told him to go to his room. She is venting here. Is this difficult to understand?

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

He's just a kid... I wouldn't scream at my son if he did that. I would've just put it all back.

Quoting Anonymous:

um, dragging furniture around the house and rearranging it is ok by your standards?

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

No, I'm just wondering what the problem is. He wasn't hurting anyone.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I think kids that drive there parents crazy are stuck in the house all day left to entertain themselves with TV. 

dlnimo
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Yikes! I have on many occasions done the same thing. I tell her in a very calm but firm voice to go in her room while inside my head I'm yelling you've got to be freaking kidding me! Hope the rest of your day goes better!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:33 PM
Guess I'm laid back. I would care if my kids rearranged. Not his fault you can't take 5 mins to talk to him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:35 PM

lmao are you kidding me?

CHildren need to be taught to conduct themselves.  No, I am not dropping what I am doing to cater to him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Guess I'm laid back. I would care if my kids rearranged. Not his fault you can't take 5 mins to talk to him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:37 PM
"You've been doing meth? Go to your room!"

Yeah, doesn't sound very effective does it?

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

There's a difference between disciplining and being a complete hard ass. And my son won't get to do whatever he wants either. But you're acting like rearranging the furniture is equal to going out and doing drugs.

My point is, you overreacted.

Quoting Anonymous:

one, I didn't yell at him.  Two, my kids don't just get to do whatever they want.  Good luck with that style of non discipline.

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

He's just a kid... I wouldn't scream at my son if he did that. I would've just put it all back.

Quoting Anonymous:

um, dragging furniture around the house and rearranging it is ok by your standards?

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

No, I'm just wondering what the problem is. He wasn't hurting anyone.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ShanesMommy2012:

skittlefart
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I'd be pissed too. You sound like you did fine though :) Good job not losing your shit. 

photo 5f2805dd-aa52-4d3c-a50d-2836ff551b95_zps90b9113b.jpg
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:38 PM
My son took all the pictures he could reach off the wall very carefully and told me he wanted me to put them back where HE said they should be. I actually like that he had full a fluent thoughts of "this one looks good here because this one has blah blah blah and that one has blah blah so they should be together" ect ect. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)