Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

inappropriate songs for children

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 6:13 PM
  • 616 Replies
I'm not talking about radio songs... but gross/inappropriate ones.

When I was little, my dad taught me " show me the way to go home" and a song that ended the chorus with "match in the gas tank... boom no Ford!
I thought nothing of it, but people seem appalled that I teach these and more to my kids.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2013 at 6:20 PM
23 moms liked this

DS's favorite was toxicity by system of a down. preschool was difficult since his fav part was "I cry when angels deserve to die" or something like that. so we switched it up to linkin park**** edit**** name of song- chop suey ;~)

ToolArmy066
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 6:21 PM
3 moms liked this
Ds is a lil rocker too lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

DS's favorite was toxicity by system of a down. preschool was difficult since his fav part was "I cry when angels deserve to die" or something like that. so we switched it up to linkin park
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2013 at 6:24 PM
2 moms liked this

I know the UCLA fight song.  We taught our kids those songs and they taught us some.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2013 at 6:24 PM
2 moms liked this
aww- now were 12 years past preschool and it's all about disturbed, korn, slipknot & others. DD likes country and lo likes everything

Quoting ToolArmy066:

Ds is a lil rocker too lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

DS's favorite was toxicity by system of a down. preschool was difficult since his fav part was "I cry when angels deserve to die" or something like that. so we switched it up to linkin park

KennyPooPoo22
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 6:26 PM
17 moms liked this

My neices loved them some Rob Zombie/White Zombie and Marilyn Manson. They screamed anytime their dad would play country or rap.....I more concerned about The Wiggles song that says We've got the clap, everybody wants the clap....or something like that it was a strange moment for me  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2013 at 6:26 PM
126 moms liked this
Rock a bye baby.

Who the fuck left a baby in a tree? And how is singing about a baby falling out of a tree supposed to be comforting and help a kid sleep?????
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2013 at 6:29 PM
3 moms liked this

Mine loves "Bitches A'int Shit" By Akon

smurfy88
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 6:30 PM
16 moms liked this

My poppy used to sing "theres a soldier in the grass with a bullet up his ass, pull it out pull it out like a good girl scout".... Ya, I was around 8 when he taught me that. 

smurfy88
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 6:31 PM
38 moms liked this

or my mom teaching me "there's a place in france where the naked ladies dance, there's a hole in the wall where the men can see it all".  

boppysmom2007
by Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Mine r rockers too
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured