Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

was this rude?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

At 8:30 my son's new baseball coach just called to let us know about a clinical this weekend. when the phone rang it woke up my toddler. After he told me all the info I asked that he not call after 7pm. i tried to be nice but I could hear shock in his voice. is it rude to say no calls after a certain time? 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AF2011
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this

No, it's not. I hope you didn't sound rude on the phone with an attitude or anything because he didn't know beforehand.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 8:45 PM
No it isnt, but realize that if he works and has a family of his own, calls before 7 may not always be possible
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
outtamymynd
2 moms liked this
I guess not but you could easily turn your ringer off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angie729

No but 7pm is kinda early not to have calls.

almondpigeon
1 mom liked this

i don't think it's rude to set a certain time....but 7:00 is awfully early to not receive phone calls.  especially if people work during the day and can only make calls in the evening.  people are afraid to call between 5 -7 because they don't want to disturb your dinner.  if they can't call after 7, that makes it hard for people to call you.  maybe just turn all the ringers off or turn them to vibrate or something.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2013 at 8:46 PM

no, i don't think so

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2013 at 8:46 PM

I hope not! I was nice when i talked to him and didn't change tone when i said that. 

Quoting AF2011:

No, it's not. I hope you didn't sound rude on the phone with an attitude or anything because he didn't know beforehand.

Kmary
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it's rude in and of itself to ask someone to not call after a certain hour, but 7 pm is awfully early, don't you think?  I understand that toddlers go to bed early, but that coach may very well not get home from his regular job until 6 pm or later.  I just think it's a bit extreme.  The phone really could ring at any time.  I always just turned the ringer off of the phone that is near the bedrooms and they have white noise on while they sleep anyway.  I agree with keeping a relatively quiet household when little ones are sleeping, but you also have to live in the normal world...and in the normal world you may get a phone call past 7 pm.  Just my two cents.

IFartGlitter
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 8:46 PM

I don't like calls after 5, lol. Kids go down early. No, I don't think it's rude. But I also think you should turn your ringer off and let it go to voicemail if needed. 

bensmommy1
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 8:47 PM

I wouldn't of said anything. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)