Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

cat owners.... does your cat do this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 67 Replies
We got a male Himalayan 3 months ago. He's about to turn a year old.

He follows me everywhere... I mean everywhere... If I get up from the couch and go to the kitchen, he will run up beside me and then wait patiently until Im done doing whatever and then follow me where ever else I go. While I cook, he sits on the mat just waiting. When I do dishes, he again sits on the mat just waiting.. if I go to the bedroom, he will come running beside me and just wait, sitting there, waiting... When I fold laundry he will lay beside my feet just waiting. If I go to the BATHROOM, he will scratch the door and cry! When we go to bed he will literally scratch the door and cry for HOURS! We can't let him in though since dh can't handle his hair lol.

When he doesn't know where I am, he will cry. All I have to say is 'come here big boy!' And he comes running.

The only time he doesn't bug me though us when I'm sweeping or mopping. He will go under the table or in the bathroom until I'm done. But literally he follows me everywhere. Every step I make, he makes...

And the weirdest thing ever is happening... A few weeks ago he started jumping on me when I'm laying down and go right in my face, purring and meow really loud and long! Wth is that?

He's just a very weird cat to me lol, not like other cats I had or seen.... Does anyone else's cat do this? Btw he does this to no one else... He seems to hate everyone but me...

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 9:19 PM
No. I do have one cat that doesn't really like anyone but me. When I am sitting still, she will usually come sit on my lap, especially if I'm on the computer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BambiF
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 9:19 PM

My cat got obsessed with my when I was pregnant, both times actually.  Other than that no they only bug me when I'm sitting/lying down somewhere. 

lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 9:19 PM
No my cat is old and she is a typical asshole cat who only comes near when she wants something.i wish she was like that though it would be cool to have a cat-dog lol
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Mar. 12, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes...I have puppy cats lol

MrsCountryMama
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 9:20 PM
My cat only follows me when she's hungry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jillbailey26
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Mine will follow me upstairs or downstairs, but not around the whole house.  I had one cat that did, but only when I was pregnant.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Lol yea I heard of that. Me and dh have been ttc #2 for over 2 years now though... So I don't think that's why :( would be nice though lol

Quoting BambiF:

My cat got obsessed with my when I was pregnant, both times actually.  Other than that no they only bug me when I'm sitting/lying down somewhere. 

CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Mar. 12, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Yep my boy is like that lol

Canvas_says
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

My little guy Hitler never seems to learn and follows me everywhere unfortunately he likes to be right at my feet and I'm constantly tripping over him. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Lol! Its funny because everyone says he looks like an asshole cat who's mean but hes so sweet! But isn't fond of anyone else...

Quoting lauren.m:

No my cat is old and she is a typical asshole cat who only comes near when she wants something.i wish she was like that though it would be cool to have a cat-dog lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)