Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

cat owners.... does your cat do this?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We got a male Himalayan 3 months ago. He's about to turn a year old.

He follows me everywhere... I mean everywhere... If I get up from the couch and go to the kitchen, he will run up beside me and then wait patiently until Im done doing whatever and then follow me where ever else I go. While I cook, he sits on the mat just waiting. When I do dishes, he again sits on the mat just waiting.. if I go to the bedroom, he will come running beside me and just wait, sitting there, waiting... When I fold laundry he will lay beside my feet just waiting. If I go to the BATHROOM, he will scratch the door and cry! When we go to bed he will literally scratch the door and cry for HOURS! We can't let him in though since dh can't handle his hair lol.

When he doesn't know where I am, he will cry. All I have to say is 'come here big boy!' And he comes running.

The only time he doesn't bug me though us when I'm sweeping or mopping. He will go under the table or in the bathroom until I'm done. But literally he follows me everywhere. Every step I make, he makes...

And the weirdest thing ever is happening... A few weeks ago he started jumping on me when I'm laying down and go right in my face, purring and meow really loud and long! Wth is that?

He's just a very weird cat to me lol, not like other cats I had or seen.... Does anyone else's cat do this? Btw he does this to no one else... He seems to hate everyone but me...

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 12, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Replies (61-67):
RoseDryer
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:55 AM

No but my cat drinks from the faucet...

chefmartha
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:56 AM

When the house is quiet, my kitty will come out of hiding and follow me around. She talks to me, follows me to the bathroom, sleeps on a pillow above my head. She's very sweet for the most part. The annoying part comes at bedtime. She will climb up me and get in my face before I can get fully under the covers...LOL... Almost like she's saying 'My peoples loves me! I love you! Now laydown so I can get comfy on your chest and be on the highest and warmest part of the bed!'

ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 1:04 AM
As a teenager we had a himalayan male. He didn't like anyone but our mom. He was always hiding though. Not at all like your cat. I have heard himalayan tend to only like 1 person generally. And they can be tempermental.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tezell78
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 1:05 AM
I have a Bengal cat (who showed up in my yard as a stray half starved to death, that I nursed back to health) that lives with ds's bio father for now who is like that. For the first year I was gone they had to play a message off the answering machine that I'd left to get him to eat.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 1:08 AM
lol Cute

Quoting 2BRBgirlz:

My cat is an A-hole who does what he pleases and only listens to my DH.  Here's proof.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amclarney
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:06 AM

Whoever you got him from must have carried him everywhere when he was a kitten.  Get him a companion kitten to play with then you'll get some free time to yourself and he'll have someone to cuddle with at night and let you sleep soundly.cat

amclarney
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:07 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)