Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Petty but it irritates me anyway! (facebook and my mother)

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 4:24 AM
  • 21 Replies

My mom and I are facebook friends. Every single thing I comment on, so does she. Example: I am facebook friends with a lot of people I went to high school with. My mom has met these people maybe once 20 years ago. She sees me commenting a lot on their pictures, posts, etc so she sends them friend requests and starts doing the same thing! A nurse I work with was featured in the paper for fostering babies born to drug addicts. I shared the article on my page and told the nurse how great she was. Immediatley my mom jumps in and posts, " I am T's (T being me) mom and I just wanted to say that you are wonderful!" If I wish a friend a happy birthday my mom immediately sends them a friend request and wishes them a happy birthday. Every single time I post a little silly inside joke between my 26 year old nephew (her grandson) and myself she jumps in, "I don't know what you are talking about but I think my grandchildren are all pretty great!" It drives me nuts!

by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 4:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2013 at 4:26 AM
Lol I can see how that would be irritating. My grandma is friends with DH and I both, and she picks fights with DHs family on there. Drives me crazy.

Maybe there's a way you can limit what only she sees.
handy0318
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 4:27 AM

You're right...it's petty... but I can see why it would be irritating.

NiCo86
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 4:29 AM
1 mom liked this
lol.seems like she's just trying to be a part of your life :) I can see how it could get annoying, but I wouldn't let it eat at ya.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ngelulu
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 4:30 AM
Just create a different list of friends and put her in it with limited viewing of your postings
4kids4tara
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 4:31 AM

Quoting Ngelulu:

Just create a different list of friends and put her in it with limited viewing of your postings

I am a total computer moron and have no idea how to do that!

paganmommy4
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 4:31 AM

almost sounds like my birth mother competing for my attention.. Set your page to private and un friend her, that will send the message

Ngelulu
by Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 4:36 AM
Well IM mobile and don't know off the top of my head...

Quoting 4kids4tara:

Quoting Ngelulu:

I am a total computer moron and have no idea how to do that!

Daya81
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 4:36 AM

that is irritating. my mom is similar. she always has to comment and it's usually misspelled and really sappy or lovey- completely opposite of how she is in real life. you just have to tell yourself that you're not responsible of how she acts. at least she's not posting conspiracy theories like my brother always does...@-,@

Tinabee88
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 4:39 AM

OMG!!! This why older folks don't need to be on FB, lol. My mom is worse. If I post ANYTHING she has to dissect it with my dad who absolutely despises facebook and then they both tell me what I can do to better myself even if I post that I just had a bowl of cereal....good Lord.

xomrsweaver
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 4:39 AM

Yeah my aunt likes to chime in on everything. Most of the time i reply with a simply and sweet "shut up". lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)