Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Who spends more money, you or SO/DH?

Posted by   + Show Post

I have to say me. I would spend way more money if SO didn't set a limit for me. I always feel like we need something. I use to call SO cheap, but now I am thankful he is. We finally have emergency money.

by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Replies (31-40):
Fairywings1223
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:03 AM
My husband does.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mybabyapples
by Nickels on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:03 AM
My Husband, because he spends it on me.
momto4girzls
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:34 AM

My dh spends way more than I but in fairness he does a lot of the shopping on his way home from work, he will pick up things we need and such.

ksueditz
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Lol my dh is the same way.
He says, I want to do x,y,z. It will only cost... he always has a "plan." smh

Quoting Luna091306:

Same here. My dh found a tablet on sale and kept bugging me about getting it. I was like we have a laptop, THREE (yes THREE) PS3s, a smartphone, and a smart tv. What the hell do you need a tablet for? He also wanted the new red PS3 just because it was red. Ugh! I hate telling him no, but someone has to have some sense. lol

Quoting ksueditz:

Dh. He thinks if he, or the kids, want it, he should buy it. That's why I am responsible for our finances.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Dh. Cigs, beer, motor parts, fishing stuff, hunting stuff, guns, gun accessories. If i spent half of what he has spent in his stuff in the past 2 years i would have an entire new watdrobe summer and winter same with both older kids and about 3000 in savings maybe more.
Luna091306
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Exactly! lol The thing is we already have a plan but his plan is going way off our original plan. For instance we are moving soon so I figured out how much we would need for first months rent, deposit, deposit on utilities, moving truck, and other things we will need and put that in savings. So now we have this money in savings and he keeps forgetting why it is there and wants this and that. I told him to pretend it doesn't exist. SMH He drives me nuts with that.

Quoting ksueditz:

Lol my dh is the same way.
He says, I want to do x,y,z. It will only cost... he always has a "plan." smh

Quoting Luna091306:

Same here. My dh found a tablet on sale and kept bugging me about getting it. I was like we have a laptop, THREE (yes THREE) PS3s, a smartphone, and a smart tv. What the hell do you need a tablet for? He also wanted the new red PS3 just because it was red. Ugh! I hate telling him no, but someone has to have some sense. lol

Quoting ksueditz:

Dh. He thinks if he, or the kids, want it, he should buy it. That's why I am responsible for our finances.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Neither, it use to be me. But I have learned not to any more.

SP_Mama
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:49 AM

DH, hands down. 

tears78
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:50 AM
DH ALL THE WAY . I'm the cheap steak
robibuni
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 10:51 AM

DH!

I'm a saver, he's a spender. It works out very well because he forces me to loosen up and I tighten his reigns when he needs it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN