Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

in home parties?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
You know the gathering of your girlfriends to buy various products from food to candles to jewelry products.
Well i have atlast joined the team of one and am in the processes of becoming a consultant.

Im sure a lot of you have either hosted a party or attended one so i was wondering if anyone had any tips or suggestions for a new consultant.
Things your consultant has done you loved or hated
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:34 AM
Replies (21-30):
jeweldragons
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 5:42 AM

No I never have.  I'm not into that stuff and don't have any friends. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 14, 2013 at 6:54 AM
Bump
TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 6:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Add something to it. make a couple of small appetizers, let people sit down and chat and get comfy. They are probably more likely to buy if they are in a good mood...and have a glass or two of wine (or something). :)

Also think about pay days.  Most people get paid in the beginning(or end) of the month, in the middle of the month or of Fridays.  Plan your date around this. Sunday (after people have done their weekend shopping) right before people get paid is not a good day.

CV3
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 7:08 AM
I have Athenas parties all the time. They are wicked fun, we drink, play games and talk about sex. I also have been to a pampered chef party that was cool because the woman cooked food for her presentation and then we all got to eat. I also went to a candle party which was kinda boring but not terrible. Lia sophia was fun cause she just laid the stuff out and we got to look and touch abd try on.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 14, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Those parties are always boring and I've never wanted to buy any of that overpriced crap

confused0701
by Gold Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 7:12 AM
2 moms liked this

I sell Mary Kay and Tupperware!  Message me and I will answer whatever questions you have!  :)

itsm3
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 7:18 AM
2 moms liked this

don't be pushy! let them browse and always offer suggestions if they seem lost.

be sure to include yummy snacks and refreshments.

make it seem like a get-together, not just a shopping event. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 14, 2013 at 7:20 AM
I've attended and thrown in home parties. As a guest I recommend games and little gifts like samples. Also wine and snacks make it fun.

As a consultant just remember if you mess up your presentation laugh at yourself and keep going.

Don't sell a product you don't love be energetic and confident in yourself and your product!

Can I ask what you are selling? Not the company name just what type of product.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 14, 2013 at 7:52 AM
Food accessories: soups, spices, marinades, sauces, bread mixes, alcohol drink mix buckets

Quoting Anonymous:

I've attended and thrown in home parties. As a guest I recommend games and little gifts like samples. Also wine and snacks make it fun.

As a consultant just remember if you mess up your presentation laugh at yourself and keep going.

Don't sell a product you don't love be energetic and confident in yourself and your product!

Can I ask what you are selling? Not the company name just what type of product.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)