Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

in home parties?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
You know the gathering of your girlfriends to buy various products from food to candles to jewelry products.
Well i have atlast joined the team of one and am in the processes of becoming a consultant.

Im sure a lot of you have either hosted a party or attended one so i was wondering if anyone had any tips or suggestions for a new consultant.
Things your consultant has done you loved or hated
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:34 AM
Replies (31-40):
3kidz123
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Make it fun! I went to a few Mary Kay parties where one was mani/pedis and we had good snack foods and whine. One was Mary Kay make-up party which was also really fun...we all got to pick threw make up smaples and were shown what colors would look best on us and how to apply it, also we had good snacks and whine. Both of those felt like actual parties and being so relaxed and having so much fun made everyone more willing to buy.

Always have games, prizes, and samples :)

I did some Avon selling and people LOVE samples and prizes at parties. But def make it fun...good food, drinks, games w/prizes :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I used to sell for Passion Parties, and I have just one thing that bothered me about it.

I am not a sex therapist! I sell vibrators! Stop asking me all the questions!!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Well that's neat I'm sure you'll do well that's not a common in home party. Good luck.

Quoting Anonymous:

Food accessories: soups, spices, marinades, sauces, bread mixes, alcohol drink mix buckets

Quoting Anonymous:

I've attended and thrown in home parties. As a guest I recommend games and little gifts like samples. Also wine and snacks make it fun.

As a consultant just remember if you mess up your presentation laugh at yourself and keep going.

Don't sell a product you don't love be energetic and confident in yourself and your product!

Can I ask what you are selling? Not the company name just what type of product.

lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this
When I did it I didn't play the stupid games, I didn't hound people about parties, they came to me, and I didn't give a long speech about the products or company.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Bump
Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:42 AM

The only parties Ive been to that were actually fun were Pure Romance parties.  All the others are lame and boring. 

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:43 AM

how about - dont ask your friends and family and neighbors to buy crap they dont want dont need and dont really like.      that marketing tactic is low and you will be used.

hip2it
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:45 AM
My beastie sells Avon advocare body by vi jewelry and scentsy. I host all kinds of parties for her but I've only ever bought scentsy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommadana
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:55 AM

The one really HUGE pet peeve of mine is don't be pushy.  It's ok to offer options for payments or payment plans, but when you tell me to write out a check and tell me to pick a day to cash said check when I've told you I don't have the money..... Yeah. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Yikes! I've never done that. Of course I suck at pushy. Usually at my parties we have food, some catalogs, and we just hang out. I answer questions but if you don't place an order it's fine.

Quoting mommadana:

The one really HUGE pet peeve of mine is don't be pushy.  It's ok to offer options for payments or payment plans, but when you tell me to write out a check and tell me to pick a day to cash said check when I've told you I don't have the money..... Yeah. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN