Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

in home parties?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
You know the gathering of your girlfriends to buy various products from food to candles to jewelry products.
Well i have atlast joined the team of one and am in the processes of becoming a consultant.

Im sure a lot of you have either hosted a party or attended one so i was wondering if anyone had any tips or suggestions for a new consultant.
Things your consultant has done you loved or hated
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:34 AM
Replies (41-47):
mommadana
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Before I was a MK consultant there was a MK lady that I almost told where to put the mascara.  I was nice but I was losing patience as it didn't matter how many times I told her, she only heard what she wanted to

Quoting Anonymous:

Yikes! I've never done that. Of course I suck at pushy. Usually at my parties we have food, some catalogs, and we just hang out. I answer questions but if you don't place an order it's fine.

Quoting mommadana:

The one really HUGE pet peeve of mine is don't be pushy.  It's ok to offer options for payments or payment plans, but when you tell me to write out a check and tell me to pick a day to cash said check when I've told you I don't have the money..... Yeah. 

Dana    
Jensep
by Gold Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 4:02 PM

What are you selling? I used to to pampered chef...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Food stuff

Quoting Jensep:

What are you selling? I used to to pampered chef...

So.Ill.Mama
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 12:33 AM

i hosted a tupperware party a few weekends ago. 

i hate tupperware. well, i don't hate it, but i really don't see the use in spending $25 on 4 bowls or plates, when i could go to the dollar store down the road and get them for a dollar each... and yeah, i know the lifetime warranty thing or whatever on the stuff, but if my house burnt down, the least of my concerns would be replacing my tupperware asap...

anyhow...i just did it so the girl would leave me alone lol...

i've *tried* to sell itworks and scentsy and melaluca (sp? look..i don't even remember how to spell it. that's how awesome i was at it lmao), but i'm a terrible salesperson. i cannot bring myself to hound people about parties, buying/selling, joining a team, etc... but that's just me personally. i have friends that sell the stuff i tried and are awesome at it.

so, i'm no help... but that's my thoughts on it all, if you care ;-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:14 AM
Bump
ninjakids
by Christina on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:33 AM
This....only other party was a fantasia party....those are always great!

Quoting Devious333:

Nope...just parties with booze....lots of booze.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:34 AM
I don't attend those parties. Just not my thing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)