Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Young kids dressed poorly

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 381 Replies
3 moms liked this
I volunteer in the kindergarten classroom and about half the kids are dressed in dirty stained clothes, unbrushed hair, and smell.

I don't understand these parents that don't care about how their children look. Sorry I judge them they must be crappy parents to not want or have time to brush your child's hair everyday or even once a week. Let them smell as if they haven't ha a bath for a few days and clothes that are clearly not been washed and used a few times already.

I just wish I could do something for these kids it breaks my heart.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:00 AM
7 moms liked this
I have diarrhea.......that is all
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:00 AM
28 moms liked this

Oh good, then my kid's not the only one :)

kitchen.ninja
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:00 AM
7 moms liked this
My kids come home dirty from school, lol! Seriously between the sandbox and running around at recess they look awful when I pick them up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kitchen.ninja
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:01 AM
4 moms liked this
Drink lots of water.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have diarrhea.......that is all

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WritingSpider
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:01 AM
2 moms liked this

I homeschool but we had ours in public school for a few years. It really does break your heart to see children who seem like they don't have anyone who cares. Sometimes I think parents do the best they can do. Sometimes those children just didn't have anything that was any better. Which is really sad. And then there were kids who just vied for attention so bad. I always wondered if they got any at home. 

MissIz
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:02 AM
16 moms liked this

You do know that when you work with children it is your job to make sure they are safe and what not.

If they look like they are not taken care of, you know what you need to do. Don't feel sorry for their parents, some of them just need a wake up call. 

Some of the parents may need help too, and they may be afraid to ask for it. 

The problem with the world today is that we humans are not taking care of each other.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:02 AM
I wish that could be the reason I'm talking first thing in the morning.

Quoting kitchen.ninja:

My kids come home dirty from school, lol! Seriously between the sandbox and running around at recess they look awful when I pick them up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:03 AM
What am I suppose to do? I've told the staff all they say is "we know" and look sad for the child.

Quoting MissIz:

You do know that when you work with children it is your job to make sure they are safe and what not.

If they look like they are not taken care of, you know what you need to do. Don't feel sorry for their parents, some of them just need a wake up call. 

The problem with the world today is that we humans are not taking care of each other.

livric
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:04 AM

I know what you mean.  there is this little girl in my kids school and her uniform is ALWAYS really really dirty, like not a little smudge dirty, a it has not been washed in about a month dirty!!! kwim!!  and this is NOT at the end of the day,  this is ARRIVING to school!!     I also feel really sorry for her.  he hair is not really done much either but it is the uniform that really sticks out the most :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 14, 2013 at 2:06 AM
3 moms liked this

Make an anonymous report to cps

Quoting Anonymous:

What am I suppose to do? I've told the staff all they say is "we know" and look sad for the child.

Quoting MissIz:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN