Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it fair to refer yourself a single mom if you live with a man that pays all your bills and helps you raise your child?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

Poll

Question: Is it fair to refer yourself a single mom if you live with a man that pays all your bills and helps you raise your child?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 38

View Results

There seems to be quite a bit of different ideas of what constitutes a "Single Mom".   Please vote and share your definition of a single mom.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 14, 2013 at 7:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2KIL
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Bump. Saving my place!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 14, 2013 at 7:17 AM
If the man pays all the bills and helps with the child then she is not a single mom. She may be single in her relationship status but she has help taking care of her kid. This is me exactly. Me and my ex live together. He pays all the bills and helps with the kids. I'm not in a relationship but I don't consider myself a single mom.
1lv2stks3nlz4ev
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 7:19 AM

I have a DF that works to pay the bills while I am a SAHM. He is the main financial supporter of my DS13. My sons BD pays minimal support and I contribute that money plus a bit more that I get from other things.  I have not considered myself a single mom since my son started calling my DF Dad. That was 6 years ago.  Before that I still considered myself a single mom but we didn't all live together and I was supporting my son myself.

hreynol25
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 7:19 AM
Well technically you're a single mom if you're not married. But me personally wouldn't Consider one to be a single mom if a man pays bills and helps raise children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 14, 2013 at 7:19 AM
1 mom liked this
It all depends is he helping financially with the kids, besides bills? Is he helping out mentally and physically with the kids? Before we got married my now hubby helped with the bills but he would barely help pay for things for our son. He would help for his birthday and sometimes would buy him some clothes or a toy, other then that he didn't help. I considered myself a single mom because I was doing 95% of everything for my son. Thankfully he has pulled his head out his ass and it's about 60 - 40 now but he works 2 jobs so he can't spend as much time with our boys otherwise it would be 50 - 50
MelanieMans
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 7:20 AM
1 mom liked this
No. When I think single mom I think doing everything on their own, not just single relationship status.
amiesmomma
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 7:20 AM

I don''t think "single mom" has one definition.  I was what I consider a single mom for the years after xdh left all the way until dh and I married.  He lived with us for about a year but while we were figuring it out, I handled every doctor visit, every parent teacher conference, day care, boo-boo's, dinners, discipline, absolutely everything.  Now, we've worked out parenting as a team.

bear.katten
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:23 PM
I'm not sure really.. My DF pays the bills but I pay for food and DS's stuff. I clean and take care of the baby on my own 24/7... Lol sometimes I feel single!
Leissaintexas
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Single mom: unmarried woman with children. Its pretty simple, folks. Single means unmarried. I was a single mom, but had lots of family around helping. But I was still SINGLE! Hello!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Idc
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)