Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't believe they taught me that(or, how gullible was I?)

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:52 AM
  • 626 Replies
28 moms liked this
When I was little, my mom had a strange way of getting us kids to lift our feet when she wanted to vacuum between the couch and the coffee table.
She told my sisters and I that we had a big sister named Abigail that lived in the vacuum cleaner. She had gotten sucked up one day when she wouldn't move her feet.
I didn't figure that out until my mom bought a new vacuum when I was 8.

When I was little, I thought that all the people on the TV watched me the way that I watched them.

What are your gullibilties?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SunshineBird
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:54 AM
29 moms liked this

When I was 5 I asked my dad what his real name was. He told me his real name was Dad. Lol. I thought, omg, how weird is it that my dad's name is actually Dad?! 

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:56 AM
8 moms liked this

My dad used to call roast beef "roast beast", like from the grinch. For whatever reason that's what I thought it was really called lol. I went over one day for dinner, when I was in college, so at least 18 years old, and called the roast that. I've never heard so much laughter come from my dad lol

critter_boo
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol that's funny
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:58 AM
3 moms liked this

My sister told me when I was little that the lights from airplanes were UFO's and that they had the ability to pick things up from earth if they saw them.  So, any time we saw lights in the  sky and were outside, we would run and hide so that we wouldn't get "picked up"!

MamaRae85
by *you're on Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:59 AM
13 moms liked this

My father had his leg amputated when he was 13 due to cancer. All through elementary school I believed, and told my friends, that he had lost it in the Civil War. rofl

Also, I consistently told my friends in elementary school that my grandmother was 105 years old. She died in December, a good TWENTY YEARS after I was telling friends this, and she was about to turn 96. LOL

momto2boys973
by Emerald Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:00 AM
12 moms liked this
When I was little and beedes to get a shot, my mother always asked the doctor to give it to me without the needle.
I think it wasn't until I got to pre-med that I realized that was not possible, lol.
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:00 AM
24 moms liked this

When I was in high school, I LITERALLY wrote "Gullible" on a piece of paper and taped the ceiling on the first day of school.  When the teacher walked in and assigned seats, the poor kid who got that seat eventually looked up and exclaimed "Mrs. X!  Someone wrote gullible on the ceiling!"

She thought she was being pranked.  And for the entire year she wouldn't look up!  I had to sneak into the classroom early a few times to change the paper or tape and keep it fresh.  But on the last week of school, I used cheap tape, and it fell down slowly like a feather and she got SO MAD when she realized it had been up there all year!  She shredded that piece of paper into the tiniest bits I'd ever seen, and then to top it all off she blamed my older brother who was in her class the previous year!

damionsmama7195
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:01 AM
6 moms liked this

my dad worked for Pepsi, and told all of us kids that we weren't allowed to say ''Coke" because it was a bad word, lol.

I thought babies were made from kissing

graciesnycmama
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:01 AM
11 moms liked this
My dad was "29" for about 5 years until I finally caught on.

My godfather had a Vietnamese tattoo from when he was in the war and always told us it said "drink Coca-Cola". Found out many years later it said "F*ck Vietnam".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:02 AM
2 moms liked this

When I was little (4 or 5), I thought that there were little tiny people inside the clock radio 'cause I could see a light inside it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN