Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you drop someone?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 188 Replies
2 moms liked this
I'm not the type of person to just stop being friends with someone but this chick, I just cannot do it anymore. I'm also not the type of person who likes a lot of conversation, a lot of "girl talk", a lot of interaction. I'm a keep-to-myself kind of person.
If I don't connect with someone, I can't form an actual friendship with them and it all feels forced.

This chick...wow. She is a "stage 5 clinger". She comments on EVERYTHING I post on Facebook or likes it. She posts many, many, many useless photos all day and my newsfeed is so full that I don't see what others write. It's gotten so bad that I've had to block from seeing her posts and vice versa.

You'd figure that when i don't like or comment back on the stupid shit she writes on my posts and pretty much ignore her, she'd get the hint, right? No! So, I've resorted to not even going on FB anymore.

If that's not giving her a clue, she texts me all during the day....like every 5 minutes. If I don't text right back, she's "?????" Or something like that or basically has a conversation with herself. I'll reply with one word answers or not at all.

You'd think she'd get a clue? NOOOOOO!

I've been very distant our entire friendship. I just don't get close to people, it's a defense mechanism I've had to build.

From the first time I hung out with her, she was like, "you're my bestie!" and all of that sentimental crap. I'm not into all that with women. I'm barely like that with a guy....another defense mechanism. She clung to my side the entire time while I was trying to watch my kid.

Kids...that's another subject!! I.cannot.stand.her.children!!! I'm EXHAUSTED after 10 minutes with her bc of those little...well, they are kids so I'll keep that to myself. Her parenting is horrible! They get away with everything, which is why they have become the way they are. She just gives up after they whine long enough. She wants to "lock the kids up" so we can have, "girl time". Um...no. Girl time is for when the kids aren't present, it's my job to watch my child, not send them upstairs and lock him in a room so you can claim how, "fabulous" or "glamorous" your life is and gossip.

So, since I cannot seem to drop enough hints and her get them....how the fuck do I tell her that our friendship is just not working out? I'm a passive person, so I don't like confrontation. I also don't want to hurt her feelings, either. She is a nice person but very over dramatic and emotional.

I just don't know what to do.

Before anyone bashes me, I'm aware I'm not a good friend and I don't like that about myself. I know I'm not which is why I don't have friends on purpose bc I don't want to hurt anyone.

It takes a certain person to get inside my head and I can actually be friends with and those times are very rare. I tend to connect with males better bc of the profession I'm in.

Anyone have any constructive advice for me?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Bump
trolldog
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Just tell her

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:07 AM
But how do I even bring it up?

Quoting trolldog:

Just tell her

LoveMyKBabies
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:10 AM
7 moms liked this
Block her on FB. She sounds like the type that will take offense to that & swear she'll never talk to you again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EvilAsh
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Remove her from Facebook? 

Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I can't stand those overly emotional females either.  I would just block her and then not respond any time you hear from her.

HappySquirrel
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:11 AM
11 moms liked this
Want to get together? No, I am sorry, I don't think that's a good idea.
Hey! Free to text? Sorry, I am working on some things right now and if you keep texting, I will not be able to get back to you.
Did you know that you have posted so frequently on Facebook that my news feed is filled with only your stuff? MIT is a bit overwhelming. Do you suppose you could post maybe only once or twice a day?

Look, I am really not used to this intense of a friendship. I think I may need a break or time to breathe. Maybe we could back off or move slower?

I have a lot going on with my family right now and I wanted to warn you. It's not something I can talk about, but I can say it will take up all of my time for probably at least a few months and I can maybe call you to talk when things lighten up around here, but I really can't talk,or text because I need to focus on just US (family) for a while with all of my concentration. I am sorry.

Or just tell her she's an overwhelmingly clingy, smothering sort of wanna be friend and you are so sick of seeing her/reading about her/hearing from her that you want her out of you life forever. lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
crashblossom
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:13 AM
2 moms liked this

I wouldn't tell her. I'd just stop responding. She sounds loco-cray-cray.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:13 AM
2 moms liked this

pick them up then let go

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:13 AM
9 moms liked this

sounds like you're the one with the problem. You come across like you think you're better than her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN