Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my son got his gf pregnant, idk how to get my thoughts together*update*again

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 128 Replies
3 moms liked this

my 17 year old got a girl pregnant, shes 17 also.....he came to me last night with her 12 week ultrasound, and all he said was "im sorry mom, idk what happened she has the birth control that goes in the arm, i just dont know why it stopped working" i asked him if he used condoms as well, he said yes except for once when it fell off. the girl came over after my son had left for school with black tears running down her face(wears heavy eye liner) and when i opened the door she said to me immediately "im sorry, i didnt mean to mess up andy's life, it was one stupid mistake and i never thought my birth control would fail, im so sorry" i asked her why she was saying this she just looked nervously behind her and then i noticed her parents in their car parked at the end of the drive way, i just hugged her, i couldnt stand to see her crying so hard to the point she was shaking (nevermind that this was only the second time id met her) i saw bruises on her arms but let her go.

i feel terrible, i dont know what to think.....i dont know how to act, iv just been sitting here on the couch staring at the wall thinking of what to do or say. i just dont know......

edit:they just came home from school.....well they are actually 3 hours early from school, i guess lil got sick and couldnt make it the rest of the day so i'll update when im done talking to them

update: so lil woke up (her name is Lilith which is why we call her lil) and i asked her what her plans were, she said her friend has a job waiting for her when she wants it, shes graduating in a week because she asked for extra work and has 5 credits missing.i asked her about the bruises and said her mom gave them to her when she ran from the table to throw up last night...so the next step is calling the police to have her go get her things. i'll call the non emergency line to see what they can do, my son is signing up for accelerated online classes, which means he'll graduate this coming june,my husband is on his way home to talk to ds.

update again: so we went to get her things a little while ago,her parents we're screaming at her so bad the cops had to take them out back so they wouldnt upset her anymore then she already was. my son was getting so worked up and was about to punch her older brother in the face for bad mouthing her(he was calling her a slut, telling my son that the kid was not his, that he was stupid for staying with her, but we got everything she needed, i cooked dinner when we got home (she inhaled it) and lil and andy are sitting in the living room watching hotel transylvania. andy said he'll let her have his room unless his dad says different,we're still waiting for him to get here

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 14, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on Mar. 14, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

:-(

SterlingHeart
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 3:05 PM
24 moms liked this

if you think the girl that is having your grand child is in harms way - you take her in - and you either get her the abortion (if she & your son choose that) or you be there for them in any way you can to make sure she and that baby are healthy happy and loved 

it is that simple! 

audreesmama
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 3:06 PM
2 moms liked this
Support them in whatever decision they make.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kmt_771
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Just be there for them. Whatever that may be.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 14, 2013 at 3:12 PM
5 moms liked this

Oh hun, as hard as it seems right now, please be there for her. My own mother disowned me when I refused an abortion at 17. I just couldn't see killing a very love, not planned, but very loved baby. If it was not for my now MIL I don't know what I would have done. My mil was my rock when my own mom left me in the streets. It sounds like they were trying to do the right thing and life just happened. My Dh and I have been together for 15 years now. We have two dd's total. As young as I was we worked it out and have a great family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 14, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Quoting SterlingHeart:

if you think the girl that is having your grand child is in harms way - you take her in - and you either get her the abortion (if she & your son choose that) or you be there for them in any way you can to make sure she and that baby are healthy happy and loved 

it is that simple! 

I agree

wicked_tink
by twinkie humper on Mar. 14, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Op i feel bad for her and i agree with some of the ladies just be there for them if they need you because it sounds like she is taking some abuse :( I hope it gets better for you all some way or somehow

goodmama85
by Diamond Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 3:15 PM

This.

Quoting SterlingHeart:

it is that simple! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 14, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Quoting wicked_tink:

Op i feel bad for her and i agree with some of the ladies just be there for them if they need you because it sounds like she is taking some abuse :( I hope it gets better for you all some way or somehow

im having her come over tonight to see what they are planning.....thats the best i thought of right now

tlcory
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

At least he didn't come tell you he had cancer or some fatal illness!  You call her parents you all sit down and decide what to do.  Keep in mind, It's a baby not a death! Good luck to all of you, I am sure it will all work out! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN