Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

*&!%@! Drama!!!

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:05 PM
  • 23 Replies

FIL came over after bedtime. Kids were asleep. DD was asleep on the couch when he started banging on the door like he was gonna break it down... sh fell asleep with her chin on the back of the couch cushions, looking out the window and waiting for grandpa. I had DS on my breast and cracked the door open as I took him to the other room, for modesty's sake. Well, then they come storming in the house, screaming my name, asking where I am. They find me in the bedroom with the baby, who is now scared of course, and say "You're asleep?? DDs asleep?? Well we're leaving." 

So they storm back out. DS starts screaming "I miss you grandma!!!!" and is currently sitting AWAKE beside me. I hope he goes back down in a modest frame of time, not three fucking hours. I called mom. She said "Well, we're already headed home. Tell DS oh well."  Dad's ranting and raving about it being horseshit and to tell me I'm an idiot, that I should have forced the kids to stay awake and I knew he was coming. 

Yeah. I knew you were coming. Two hours ago. SORRY that you took so fucking long at walmart and the kids fell asleep AT THEIR BEDTIME!!!! UGH.

by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IFartGlitter
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:08 PM

BUMP!

HipLikeJunk
by Gold Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:10 PM

He sounds like a toxic person to have in your life. 

IFartGlitter
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:11 PM

He can be. Generally he's a good person but he does asshole shit like this occasionally and blames it on his blood sugar. 

Quoting HipLikeJunk:

He sounds like a toxic person to have in your life. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:13 PM

you're a vile person for not keeping the kids awake so these people could barge into your home and disrupt your children's schedule.

*sarcasm font missing

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:13 PM
2 moms liked this
Why did you even let them in? As soon as the kids fell asleep you should have called and told them to not even bother stopping by the house.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
IFartGlitter
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Lol right?? Im flabbergasted!

Quoting Anonymous:

you're a vile person for not keeping the kids awake so these people could barge into your home and disrupt your children's schedule.

*sarcasm font missing

IFartGlitter
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Quoting moosesmom:

Why did you even let them in? As soon as the kids fell asleep you should have called and told them to not even bother stopping by the house.

i knew if I didnt let them in he'd just knock and knock and knock (like he did anyway!) My son had just dozed off and I still had him on my breast AND couldn't get to my phone. Normally I would have called. But they didn't have to act so cunttastic about it either... 

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Girl...you handled that very well. There's no way it would have went down like that at my house. Sounds like it's time for a little sit down. Have you ever talked to him about his behavior? I hate when ADULTS don't know how to conduct themselves. Smh.

Quoting IFartGlitter:

Quoting moosesmom:

i knew if I didnt let them in he'd just knock and knock and knock (like he did anyway!) My son had just dozed off and I still had him on my breast AND couldn't get to my phone. Normally I would have called. But they didn't have to act so cunttastic about it either... 

IFartGlitter
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Yeah, and it's always ugly. I try to just keep my head down around him and we go about our business as we see fit anyways. See, my husband and I almost got a divorce a year into our marriage. I was in a really bad place mentally and took off with the baby. Welll, he will NOT let me forget that! Any time ANYTHING comes up that he doesn't like, it's "Don't forget I'm the one who came and got you" blah blah fucking blah. 

He's so stressful. So pigheaded. Sometimes I hate talking to him. He's really quite immature. 

Quoting moosesmom:

Girl...you handled that very well. There's no way it would have went down like that at my house. Sounds like it's time for a little sit down. Have you ever talked to him about his behavior? I hate when ADULTS don't know how to conduct themselves. Smh.

Quoting IFartGlitter:

Quoting moosesmom:

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Oh wow! I'm so sorry you have to put up with that. This is your FIL correct? What does your husband say about all of it?

Quoting IFartGlitter:

Yeah, and it's always ugly. I try to just keep my head down around him and we go about our business as we see fit anyways. See, my husband and I almost got a divorce a year into our marriage. I was in a really bad place mentally and took off with the baby. Welll, he will NOT let me forget that! Any time ANYTHING comes up that he doesn't like, it's "Don't forget I'm the one who came and got you" blah blah fucking blah. 

He's so stressful. So pigheaded. Sometimes I hate talking to him. He's really quite immature. 

Quoting moosesmom:

Quoting IFartGlitter:

Quoting moosesmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)