Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You'll feel differently when they are biological...

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:23 PM
  • 230 Replies
You know how sick I am of hearing this?!

I told my friend that I do not kiss my stepkids on the lips, this is what she said to me.

No, no I won't feel differently, actually.

My mom/dad didn't kiss me on the mouth. My mom told us that's not appropriate. My stepparents didn't do it either. Neither do grands, aunts, uncles, etc. Nor does DH's family.

Yes biomom and her family do it. Yes, it's pretty common around here. Lots of my friends kiss their little ones/parents/siblings on the mouth.

I don't have any problem with biomom doing it. I don't.

And when it's my biokid, I won't do it either. It has nothing to do with birthing them. I kiss my significant other on the mouth. Nobody else.

So a couple questions.

1. Do you kiss your kids on the mouth? Adopted, bio, step? What about Nieces or Nephews?

2. Has anyone ever told you something would be different for your biokid, and you wanted to be like "Actually, no dumbass, it wouldn't?" What was the sitch?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma2mms
by Kristin on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:26 PM

I kiss my kids on the lips. My parents think it is gross. To each their own. (My kids are 8 and 5) If they ever are uncomfortable or I feel differently we will stop.

Rhodin
by Gold Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:26 PM
10 moms liked this

I've got two toddlers and I know where their mouths have been, so not even if they promised to send me to the good nursing home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:27 PM
I do kiss my biological DS on the lips. He's 4. Always have. Now my two step sons, no. They were 12 and 15when me and DH got together, now 14 and 17 and it would just be weird, as I'm only 5 years older than my oldest stepson.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:30 PM
2 moms liked this
I have a spit/ saliva phobia sooooo not really. I do sometimes at bedtime and have to wipe my mouth immediately afterwards.

Kmary
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I kiss my kids on the lips, but I don't kiss my nieces/nephews or anyone else on the lips (except my dh of course).  I don't have stepkids, so I've never had anyone tell me that something will feel different when it's my bio kids.

kappalopokis
by Gold Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:30 PM
If your skids were younger, would you? I mean, do you think so?

I know I wouldn't with my biokid. But, just wondering if you think you would with a littler step?

Quoting Anonymous:

I do kiss my biological DS on the lips. He's 4. Always have. Now my two step sons, no. They were 12 and 15when me and DH got together, now 14 and 17 and it would just be weird, as I'm only 5 years older than my oldest stepson.

anjones09
by Ash on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Yes I kiss my ds on the lips, but he's only 14 months. I kiss my niece on the lips but not my nephews. They think it's gross lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kappalopokis
by Gold Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I kiss all over them, and them me, but not on the lips. If we do accidentally kiss lips, I wipe it off involuntarily. Friend saw this, it's actually how the combo came up.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a spit/ saliva phobia sooooo not really. I do sometimes at bedtime and have to wipe my mouth immediately afterwards.

disneymom2two
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:33 PM
My daughte's 7 and was adopted. I kiss her on the lips. My son is14 and bio; when he was little I kissed him on the lips. I don't kiss anyone else except DH on the lips.
nataliesmom2012
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:34 PM

I don't kiss anybody on the mouth except for my SO. I've never has someone say something like that to me though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN