Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

That empty feeling deep within your soul...

Posted by   + Show Post

When you finish marathoning a series and now you don't know what to do with your life. 

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
I just finished both seasons of Lip Service, and I'm just browsing netflix for a new show to marathon and NOTHING looks good. 

It's like nothing else will compare to the awesomeness of the last show I watched. It totally sucks. 

Recommend something? Please? 
Or just talk about awesome series that you enjoy. :) 

by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Replies (51-60):
honeyrder
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Well, the books came out before I started reading them in 1995, but the guy died and someone else is finishing them for him. I only get to read when I'm on the toilet, but still. I am re-reading the Silmarillion after that.

Quoting HipLikeJunk:

Oh wow, that's crazy. 18 years???
I don't blame you, you are going to be so depressed. Start looking for a new series so you can quickly fill the void as soon as you're done! 

Quoting honeyrder:

I am actually putting off getting the last book of the Wheel of Time series right now because I don't know what I'm going to do with myself now that the 18-year commitment is going to be over. lol

HipLikeJunk
by Gold Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I do too, but it's been a really long time since I've read a really good book that made me feel that way. I'm trying to work on reading more. I'm reading some of the classics. the portrait of Dorian Gray currently <3

Quoting Famousglm714:

I get like that with books.

Famousglm714
by Gina on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:50 PM
Oh cool. I've never read that.

I really enjoyed The Help and I was sad when I finished it.

Quoting HipLikeJunk:

I do too, but it's been a really long time since I've read a really good book that made me feel that way. I'm trying to work on reading more. I'm reading some of the classics. the portrait of Dorian Gray currently <3

Quoting Famousglm714:

I get like that with books.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
yabbadabba07
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:51 PM
True blood and the tudors
Sarafinn2012
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Argh! LOL It's okay. To each his own. Honestly, I didn't really follow the first American Horror but the second one is INSANE! (If you like graphic, twisted nail bitiing horror that is). Walking dead gets better. Give me an idea of what your genre is and I can try to help  you out more. How about something more like Shameless?  Weeds? Storage Wars? Oddities? These are some of my favs.

Quoting HipLikeJunk:

I have seen a couple of episodes of the Walking Dead and was thoroughly unimpressed. I don't think I'd like American Horror tbh, idk. It doesnt really matter if it's on Netflix ornot, I'm not above being pirating. pirate

Quoting Sarafinn2012:

Walking Dead? American Horror? Lost? I don't have Netflix anymore so not sure what's on there. Those are just a few of my favs. I am pretty sure lost is on there, my inlaws just recently said they watched it.

HipLikeJunk
by Gold Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:52 PM

I actually do have the tudors in my queue. I should totally watch true blood. I can't believe I never got around to watching it. 

Quoting yabbadabba07:

HipLikeJunk
by Gold Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I love Shameless and Weeds!

Quoting Sarafinn2012:

Argh! LOL It's okay. To each his own. Honestly, I didn't really follow the first American Horror but the second one is INSANE! (If you like graphic, twisted nail bitiing horror that is). Walking dead gets better. Give me an idea of what your genre is and I can try to help  you out more. How about something more like Shameless?  Weeds? Storage Wars? Oddities? These are some of my favs.

Quoting HipLikeJunk:

I have seen a couple of episodes of the Walking Dead and was thoroughly unimpressed. I don't think I'd like American Horror tbh, idk. It doesnt really matter if it's on Netflix ornot, I'm not above being pirating. pirate

Quoting Sarafinn2012:

Walking Dead? American Horror? Lost? I don't have Netflix anymore so not sure what's on there. Those are just a few of my favs. I am pretty sure lost is on there, my inlaws just recently said they watched it.

tlcory
by Platinum Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:54 PM

That happens to me after a good book! Lol 

yabbadabba07
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Dh and I love it. The good thing about the tudors is it's over so you can finish the series. With true blood you can only watch thru season four. Season five should be out by summer though.

Quoting HipLikeJunk:

I actually do have the tudors in my queue. I should totally watch true blood. I can't believe I never got around to watching it. 

Quoting yabbadabba07:

My3beautys
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Walking dead!!! It's a great show!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)